A Suit For Love (RIHS)

Uno Winter adjusted his blue suit jacket, feeling the familiar weight of the fabric settle against his shoulders. The matching necktie, adorned with white stripes, was perfectly aligned, just as he liked it. He glanced down at his polished oxfords, shining under the fluorescent lights of the high school hallway, and gave a satisfied nod. Today was like any other day at St. Catherine's Academy, and he was ready for whatever awaited him.

Walking through the corridor, Uno could hear the usual murmurs and whispers as he passed by. He had gotten used to the attention his attire attracted-most of his classmates found it strange that he wore a suit to school every day, but he didn't care. This suit had meaning; it was his armor, his identity.

As he entered the classroom, he spotted Denise Star already seated in her usual spot by the window. Denise, with her long messy brown hair and keen yellow eyes, was someone who always seemed to have a new question on her lips. They had been seatmates for months now, but every day felt like a new chapter with her around.

"Morning, Denise," Uno greeted as he slid into his seat beside her.

"Good morning, Uno," Denise replied, her voice light and cheerful. She glanced at his suit with a playful smile. "Let me guess-new suit or the same one with a new shine?"

Uno smirked, straightening his tie. "New polish, same suit. But thank you for noticing."

Denise chuckled. "I still don't get why you wear a suit every day. It's a bit much, don't you think? For high school, at least."

Uno leaned back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Perhaps. But I like to make an impression. Plus, it makes me feel... comfortable."

"Comfortable? In a suit?" Denise raised an eyebrow. "You're the first person I've ever heard say that."

Uno shrugged, his tone softening. "It reminds me of my grandparents. They always said a suit gives you confidence. Helps you face the day, no matter what comes your way."

Denise's expression softened. "That's... sweet. I didn't know that."

Uno smiled, appreciating her genuine interest. "Well, there's a lot you don't know about me, Miss Star."

Denise grinned. "Oh, I think I know more than you think, Mr. Winter."

"Oh really?" Uno challenged, leaning forward. "Like what?"

Denise tapped her chin, pretending to ponder. "Well, for starters, you have a thing for neatness. Your notebooks are always impeccably organized-alphabetized, no less. And you're always early, even when it rains. Which makes me think you probably have some sort of ritual about it."

Uno laughed, surprised at how observant she was. "Not bad, Star. Not bad at all. But you missed one crucial detail."

Denise tilted her head, intrigued. "And what's that?"

He leaned in closer, lowering his voice as if sharing a secret. "I never, ever, let anyone borrow my pens."

Denise burst out laughing. "Oh, I've noticed. Trust me, I've noticed. You guard them like they're made of gold."

"Well, they are," Uno replied with a wink. "To me, anyway."

Before Denise could respond, their teacher, Mr. Collins, walked in and began his lecture. But even as the lesson began, Denise kept glancing at Uno out of the corner of her eye, clearly still amused by their conversation.

A few minutes into the lesson, she leaned over and whispered, "So, do you ever wear... normal clothes?"

Uno turned his head slightly, trying not to draw the teacher's attention. "Define 'normal,' Star."