Classics, Nightmare, Confessions (SF)

That evening, after a long and enjoyable day, Uno and Victoria settled on the couch to watch some classic episodes of Thomas the Tank Engine. The familiar chugging sounds and cheerful tunes filled the living room, and Victoria snuggled close to her dad, clutching her favorite toy train.

"Daddy, I love Thomas," Victoria said, her eyes glued to the screen.

"I know you do, sweetheart," Uno replied, ruffling her hair. "I loved watching these when I was your age too."

They watched in comfortable silence for a while, the nostalgia washing over Uno as he remembered his own childhood fascination with trains. Suddenly, during a quiet moment between episodes, Victoria spoke up again.

"Daddy, I love Denise," she said matter-of-factly, her voice full of childlike sincerity. "She's more mummy to me than old mummy."

Uno blinked, taken aback by the sudden declaration. "You really like Denise, huh?"

Victoria nodded vigorously. "Yes! She's kind and fun, and she doesn't yell. I want her to be my new mummy."

Uno chuckled softly, touched by his daughter's words. He hugged her a little tighter. "Well, I'm glad you like her, Victoria. She's a very special person."

As the next episode began, Uno found himself lost in thought. Denise had quickly become an important part of their lives, and hearing Victoria's heartfelt words made him realize just how much he had come to care for her too.

He replayed the day's events in his mind—the easy conversation, Denise's gentle way with Victoria, and the genuine warmth he felt whenever she was around. It dawned on him that his feelings for Denise were deeper than he had admitted to himself.

Victoria looked up at him with her big, innocent eyes. "Daddy, do you love Denise too?"

Uno smiled, his heart swelling with a mix of emotions. "I think I do, Victoria. I think I do."

Victoria beamed. "Can we tell her? I want her to know!"

Uno hesitated, unsure of how to navigate this new territory. "We should probably wait a bit, sweetheart. It's important to make sure that Denise feels the same way."

"But what if she does?" Victoria asked, her excitement bubbling over.

Uno chuckled again. "We'll see, okay? For now, let's just enjoy spending time with her and see where things go."

Victoria nodded, content with that answer. "Okay, Daddy."

They continued watching Thomas the Tank Engine, but Uno's mind was now filled with thoughts of Denise. He knew he had to talk to her, to find out if she felt the same way. But for tonight, he was happy to hold his daughter close and dream of a future where their little family might become something even more special.

The next day, Denise arrived bright and early to pick up Victoria. Uno had already packed a small bag for his daughter, and they were both waiting eagerly by the door.

"Good morning!" Denise greeted them with a warm smile. "Ready for another fun day at the railway sheds?"

Victoria jumped up and down excitedly. "Yes! Let's go, Denise!"

Uno handed Denise the bag. "Thank you for doing this, Denise. I really appreciate it."

"It's my pleasure, Uno," Denise replied, her eyes lingering on his for a moment longer than necessary. "Shall we?"

The trio made their way to the railway sheds, with Victoria chattering happily about the trains she hoped to see. Denise listened attentively, occasionally glancing at Uno, who walked beside them with a content smile on his face.