Waking Up Beside Each Other (C&B)

Uno and Denise woke up to the soft rays of the morning sun streaming through their bedroom window. Denise stretched and rolled over to find Uno already awake, gazing at her with a tender smile.

"Good morning, beautiful," Uno said, brushing a strand of hair from her face.

"Good morning," Denise replied, smiling sleepily. "Did you sleep well?"

"Like a log," Uno chuckled. "How about you?"

"Best sleep I've had in a long time," Denise said, leaning in for a kiss. "I love waking up next to you."

"Me too," Uno said, his eyes sparkling. "Ready to start our first full day living together?"

"Absolutely," Denise replied, her excitement evident. "Let's make some breakfast and then head out for those chocolate donuts you love so much."

"Sounds perfect," Uno agreed, hopping out of bed and pulling Denise with him.

They made their way to the kitchen, where they quickly prepared a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. As they ate, they chatted about their plans for the day.

"I'm really looking forward to seeing Mrs. Baker," Uno said. "Her donuts are the best."

"She'll be thrilled to see you too," Denise said, laughing. "You and your donuts."

"Hey, a man needs his chocolate fix," Uno replied with a grin.

After breakfast, they got ready for work. Denise opted for a comfortable yet stylish outfit, while Uno chose his favorite jeans and a casual shirt. As they gathered their things and prepared to head out, Denise paused to look around their cozy apartment.

"It's really starting to feel like home," she said softly.

"It is home," Uno replied, giving her a quick kiss. "Our home."

Hand in hand, they left the apartment and made their way to Mrs. Baker's Doughnut Delights. The small shop was bustling with the morning rush, the air filled with the delicious scent of freshly baked pastries.

"Uno! Denise! So good to see you both," Mrs. Baker called from behind the counter, her face lighting up with a warm smile.

"Morning, Mrs. Baker," Uno said cheerfully. "We couldn't resist stopping by for some of your famous chocolate donuts."

"Of course! They're just out of the oven," Mrs. Baker replied, reaching for a tray of perfectly glazed chocolate donuts. "How many would you like?"

"Six, please," Uno said, his eyes gleaming with anticipation.

"Coming right up," Mrs. Baker said, packaging the donuts with care. "So, what's new with you two?"

"We just moved in together," Denise said, her eyes twinkling.

"Oh, how wonderful!" Mrs. Baker exclaimed. "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you both."

"Thank you," Uno said, taking the box of donuts. "We're really excited."

"Well, I wish you both all the best. Enjoy the donuts!" Mrs. Baker said, waving them off.

"Thanks, Mrs. Baker! See you soon," Denise called as they left the shop.

As they walked to The Coffee Beanery, they shared a donut, savoring the rich chocolate flavor.

"These are the best," Uno said, licking his fingers.

"They really are," Denise agreed, laughing. "Let's get to work and make today a great day."

When they arrived at The Coffee Beanery, the usual morning rush was just beginning. They quickly got to work, greeting customers and preparing drinks with practiced ease.