Birth of the twins (CF)

The early morning of April 7th began with a peaceful silence. The manor was still dark, with only a faint glow from the moonlight filtering through the windows. Denise was lying in bed, her hand resting on her belly as she felt the soft, rhythmic movements of the twins inside her.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through her abdomen, causing her to gasp. She reached out, gently shaking Uno's shoulder. “Uno… Uno, wake up.”

Uno stirred, his eyes fluttering open. “What is it, love?” he asked groggily, rubbing his eyes.

Denise winced as another contraction hit her, harder this time. “I think… I think it’s time. The babies… they’re coming.”

Uno’s eyes widened instantly, all traces of sleep vanishing. “Now? Are you sure?”

Denise shot him a look. “Yes, I’m bloody sure! The contractions… they’re getting closer together. Move it, Uno!”

Uno sprang into action, quickly getting out of bed. “Alright, we need to get you to the hospital.” He grabbed his phone from the bedside table and dialed the doctor’s number. “Dr. Harris, it’s Uno Winter. Denise is in labor… Yes, right now… Okay, we’ll be there as soon as we can.”

Hanging up, Uno turned to Denise, his voice filled with urgency but also with calm determination. “Dr. Harris says we should head to the hospital immediately. I’ll get your bag. Just focus on your breathing, okay?”

Denise glared at him, gripping the edge of the bed. “Oh, I’m breathing alright, but if you don’t hurry up, I’m gonna start screaming.”

Uno grabbed the packed hospital bag from the corner of the room and rushed back to Denise’s side. He helped her into the wheelchair, trying to make her comfortable. “You’re doing great, Denise. Just keep breathing. I’m right here with you.”

Denise gave him a tense smile, her hand gripping his. “I know… I’m glad you’re here. But move your arse, please!”

Uno wheeled her quickly through the manor, the early morning air cool against their skin. As they reached the main entrance, they were met by their butler, Simon, who had been woken by the commotion.

“Lord Uno, Lady Denise, what’s happening?” Simon asked, his face etched with concern.

“Denise is in labor,” Uno replied hurriedly. “We’re heading to the hospital now.”

Simon’s eyes widened. “Oh dear! I’ll get the car ready immediately.” He hurried off to the garage, his footsteps echoing through the halls.

Denise let out a deep breath, wincing as another contraction hit. “Oh, these contractions are getting stronger, Uno… this is not a bloody drill.”

Uno knelt beside her, holding her hand. “I know, love. Just keep breathing, alright? We’re almost there.”

Simon returned moments later with the car, pulling it up to the front entrance. He jumped out and rushed over to help. “I’ve got it all set. Let’s get you to the hospital.”

Uno carefully helped Denise into the back seat, making sure she was as comfortable as possible. He turned to Simon. “Thank you, Simon. We’ve got it from here.”

Simon nodded, offering a reassuring smile. “Good luck, Lady Denise. You’re going to do brilliantly.”

Denise managed a strained smile through her pain. “Thanks, Simon… I’ll be cursing your name soon enough.”

With that, Uno hopped into the driver’s seat, and they sped off towards the hospital. The drive was tense, Denise’s breaths coming in short gasps as the contractions grew fiercer.