I'll Be With You (CF)

During a particularly snowy day, two young kids are playing in the snow in their small quiet part of Swindon.

Uno always looked forward to the snow since he and Denise could always enjoy making snowmen and see who can make a deeper imprint on the snow.

Uno and Denise bundled up in their warmest coats, gloves, and hats, their breath visible in the crisp, cold air. They ran out into the fresh snow, their laughter echoing through their quiet neighborhood in Swindon. Denise had her brown hair tucked under a woolen cap, while Uno's blue hair peeked out from under his beanie.

"Let's make the biggest snowman ever!" Denise exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"You're on!" Uno replied, grinning as he started rolling a large snowball for the base. They worked together, their small hands quickly turning red from the cold, but their spirits were high.

After they built their snowman, complete with a carrot nose and an old scarf, they moved on to their next game. "Let's see who can make the deepest imprint in the snow!" Denise challenged, jumping into a snowdrift and laughing as she left a perfect impression of herself.

Uno jumped in next to her, his imprint almost as deep. They lay there, catching their breath, the sky above them a pale gray as snowflakes gently fell.

"Uno," Denise began, her voice a little more serious now, "there's something I need to tell you."

Uno turned his head to look at her, his blue eyes wide with curiosity. "What is it, Denise?"

Denise sat up, brushing the snow from her coat. "I... I really like you, Uno. More than just as a friend. I've had a crush on you for a long time."

Uno's heart skipped a beat. He had always liked Denise too, but he never had the courage to say it. "I like you too, Denise," he admitted, sitting up and taking her hand in his. "You're my best friend, and I... I think I've always loved you."

Denise's face lit up with a smile, and she squeezed his hand. "I'm so happy, Uno. I was so scared you wouldn't feel the same."

"Thank you for loving me back," Uno said, his voice soft. "And for being there for me. You... you've kind of saved me, you know? My parents, they don't really pay attention to me. But you always have."

Denise's eyes filled with tears, and she pulled Uno into a tight hug. They sat under a large tree, the snowflakes falling gently onto Uno's blue hair and Denise's brown hair. They giggled, the cold forgotten in the warmth of their newfound love.

As the sky began to darken, they decided to head to Denise's house. Her parents greeted them warmly, their faces lighting up when they saw the children holding hands.

"Mom, Dad," Denise said, her voice confident. "Uno and I... we're together now. We really like each other."

Her parents exchanged a glance and smiled. "That's wonderful, sweetheart," her mother said. "We're happy for you both."

"Come in, let's get you some hot chocolate," her father added, leading them to the kitchen. They sat around the table, sipping the warm, sweet drink and sharing stories of their day in the snow.

As bedtime approached, Denise's parents set up a cozy spot for the two of them in Denise's room. They snuggled under the covers, feeling safe and happy.

"Goodnight, Uno," Denise whispered, her voice filled with affection.

"Goodnight, Denise," Uno replied, smiling as he drifted off to sleep, knowing he was loved and cherished.

The snow continued to fall outside, blanketing their world in a peaceful silence, as two young hearts found solace in each other.

Uno woke up early, the room still dark with only a hint of dawn peeking through the curtains. He carefully slipped out of the warm bed, not wanting to wake Denise. He tiptoed to the corner of the room, a knot of sadness tightening in his chest. He sat down, pulling his knees to his chest, and started to cry silently.