A Gryffindor's Heart (WW)

The late afternoon sun cast long shadows over the Quidditch pitch at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The roar of the crowd in the stands was a distant hum, fading into the background as the focus remained on the field. Uno Winter, a third-year Gryffindor Seeker, was gliding through the air on his broomstick, expertly weaving and darting as he searched for the elusive Golden Snitch.

Denise Star, seated on the bleachers, had her eyes trained on Uno. Her heart fluttered with every move he made. She clutched a notebook in her lap, though her attention was not on her class notes but rather on the boy performing daring aerial maneuvers below. Denise was the brightest witch of her year, known for her exceptional intellect and quick wit, but today she was grappling with a different kind of challenge.

After a particularly impressive dive, Uno finally pulled up and landed gracefully, his face flushed with excitement. The team’s cheers echoed around him as he dismounted his broomstick, grinning ear to ear. He looked up and spotted Denise on the stands. With a wave, he jogged over to her, his Quidditch robes flapping in the breeze.

“Hey, Denise!” Uno greeted, still catching his breath. “What did you think of that last move? I think I might have finally got the hang of catching the Snitch faster.”

“It was incredible, Uno,” Denise replied, her voice trembling slightly. “You’re amazing out there.”

Uno chuckled and took a seat next to her. “Thanks, but I wouldn’t be this good without your support, you know. You always manage to make me feel like I’m flying even when I’m not on the pitch.”

Denise’s cheeks turned pink. “Well, you’ve got more than just flying skills to impress me.”

Uno raised an eyebrow. “Oh? And what else is there?”

Denise took a deep breath, steeling herself. “Actually, Uno, there’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you. It’s not about Quidditch or schoolwork.”

Uno looked at her, curiosity evident in his eyes. “What’s up?”

Denise hesitated for a moment, then decided to just let it out. “I’ve liked you for a long time now, Uno. I mean, really liked you. Not just as a friend. I think... I think I might be in love with you.”

The confession hung in the air, and Denise felt her heart race. She avoided looking directly at Uno, focusing on a spot on the ground instead.

Uno’s eyes widened in surprise. “Denise... I didn’t know you felt that way. I mean, I always thought we were just... friends.”

Denise nodded, her voice barely above a whisper. “I know. I didn’t want to complicate things between us. I just—couldn’t keep it to myself any longer.”

Uno was silent for a moment, processing her words. Then, he gently placed a hand on her shoulder. “Denise, I’ve always admired you. You’re smart, kind, and—well, I’ve had feelings for you too, but I didn’t realize it until now.”

Denise’s eyes widened in surprise. “You have?”

“Yeah,” Uno admitted with a sheepish smile. “I guess I’ve been so focused on Quidditch and school that I didn’t realize how much you mean to me until you said something.”

A hopeful smile spread across Denise’s face. “So, what do we do now?”

Uno took her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. “How about we start by spending more time together? Maybe we can catch up over some Butterbeers at the Three Broomsticks?”

Denise’s smile widened. “I’d like that.”

Uno grinned. “Great. It’s a date, then.”

Denise’s heart swelled with happiness. “It sounds perfect.”