13

Chapter 13 Liao Jing

Song Yu and his wife had a sweet meal, but the Liao family, who lived in the same compound, was in a state of sorrow.

Liao Jing, carrying a green shoulder bag, wandered at the door of her house with a troubled face. Since she pushed Song Yu down a few days ago, she was too scared to go home. If she really had to pay, would her mother tear her to pieces?

With no other choice, Liao had to squeeze into the dormitory with her colleagues in the hospital. The narrow single bed was fine for one or two days, but colleagues would have opinions after three or five days, not to mention that she was too ashamed to continue living there.

Liao Jing, who was just 20 years old, had two thin braids and a thin face. She looked quiet and beautiful. Isn't it funny that such a pretty girl can't find a partner in a unit where sows are rare?

Liao Jing didn't find it funny at all. She stared at the light coming out of the window with a frown, hesitating.

The room was filled with steam, and the glass windows were hazy. Just like her heart, she was miserable and couldn't see the direction of the road ahead.

Liao Jing really wanted to stay away from this place, so she made such a big joke. Captain Dong was really something. He never told the truth on weekdays. How could she have expected that he had a wife? It was so infuriating, wasn't it?

The Liao family was not as good as the best, but Liao Jing felt depressed, very, very depressed. The elders only see the younger brother, even if he is lazy and doesn't like to study, he is still their treasure!

What about her? As the eldest of the Liao family, she must learn and do housework. If she doesn't do it well, her grandmother will scold her, and her mother will just wipe her tears and cry. After work, every penny of salary must be handed in. She is a big girl, and she can't take a penny out of her pocket. Life is really hard.

"Sister? Why are you standing at the door? Come in quickly." The second sister Liao Xia pushed the door open with a basin and smiled foolishly. "Wow", splashing the water in the basin to the vegetable field, Liao Xia wiped her hands, and then pulled her eldest sister into the door.

"Big sister, you're back." Little sister Liao Yan jumped like a squirrel and hugged Liao Jing, very happy, "I missed you so much, big sister, why don't you come back?"

"You still remember to come back?" The voice of Mrs. Liao echoed in the inner room, with a strange tone, "I have lived for so many years, and I have never seen a loser who is more capable of squandering money than you!"

The curtain was opened, and Zhang Meiyun came out with a tearful face. With two tears in her eyes, she pinched Liao Jing's arm fiercely, "You did something wrong and ran away. What's wrong with you, kid? Do you know that the family is going to be ruined by you?"

After saying that, Zhang Meiyun winked at the eldest daughter and pouted at the inner room.

Liao Jing immediately understood what her mother meant. Her eyes were wet. Finally, someone loved her. The tearful smile was particularly beautiful. Liao Jing raised her lips, but she cried out in pain.

Liao Yan's eyes were moving around. Seeing her mother and elder sister teaming up to fool her grandmother, she made a face towards the inner room to relieve her anger.

"I want to eat meat, I want to eat meat!" The devilish howling sounded, and Liao Jing frowned in disgust. She could imagine Liao Zheng rolling on the ground.

She hung her bag on the wall, then rolled up her sleeves to wash up. Dinner? She didn't dare to have such a luxury.

"Zhengzheng, can we have eggs?" Mrs. Liao said in a friendly tone, but then she changed her tone and said, "You bunch of bad-minded women, hurry up and make dinner. Do you want to starve me to death or Zhengzheng to death?"

Mrs. Liao also knocked on the wall "bang bang bang" to protest.

Zhang Meiyun had a doting smile on her face. She would satisfy her son's request even if it cost her everything. She patted Liao Jing's shoulder comfortingly, then stared at Liao Xia who was standing there like a wooden lump, and suddenly felt angry.

"Liao Xia, are you dead? Zheng Zheng wants to eat eggs, you should hurry up and do it. You are so old, can you be a little more considerate?"

"Oh oh." Liao Xia wiped her hands on her apron woodenly, and took out two eggs from the pottery jar with a silly smile, "Mom, the last two eggs."

"What?" Zhang Meiyun's eyes went dark, and she couldn't live like this. She pressed her throbbing forehead, and even hated the eldest daughter who always made her proud. If the eldest daughter hadn't made a mistake first, she wouldn't have been embarrassed and had to pay for it.

"Meiyun, Zhang Meiyun." Hua Hongmei shouted at the door, and then pushed the door open and walked in without any hesitation.

Liao Xia's face, which had been dull for thousands of years, showed a surprised expression. Her knuckles holding the spatula had turned white. Was this... that she had found a job?

"Principal Hua is here. There must be good news, right?" Zhang Meiyun burst into laughter. It felt like the clouds had cleared and the sun had appeared. The room was brighter.

Zhang Meiyun wiped her apron repeatedly, her eyes red with excitement. "Principal Hua, this job has solved our urgent needs. You are really the lifesaver of the Liao family. Liao Xia, are you dead? Hurry up and pour water for Principal Hua, and add two spoons of brown sugar."

"Hey~ OK, OK." Liao Xia responded hurriedly, put down the rolling eggs and stood up. She stood on tiptoe, and her hands, which were used to doing housework, could hardly lift the small sugar jar. One spoon, two spoons, three spoons, this should be the most generous thing in her life.

Liao Yun tugged at her elder sister's sleeve and rolled her eyes in disdain: "Honest man" finally wants to stand up? She and her elder sister Liao Jing stood against the wall, as if to blend in with the newspapers on the wall.

"Don't be polite, don't be polite." Hua Hongmei rubbed her hands angrily, and hesitated to speak, "Meiyun, don't be busy yet, this work, this work... Hey."

"What's wrong with work? It's just a substitute teacher, it's not just a matter of a word from your principal Hua! Principal Hua, don't keep us in suspense. Hahaha, haha, ha..."

Zhang Meiyun looked at Principal Hua's affirmative and determined eyes, and her smile gradually disappeared and slowly solidified.

"The job is gone?" Zhang Meiyun's eyes went dark, and she held on to the door frame to stabilize herself.

"Bang", the bowl full of brown sugar water fell to the ground and broke into eight pieces, just like Liao Xia's heart at the moment. She always thought that this job was a sure thing, and it was already in her pocket, but... it was gone?

"Who, who took my job?"

"Ugh." Hua Hongmei looked at the brown sugar water that was spilled on the ground with pain. This thing requires money and tickets. She usually doesn't want to drink it, but now it's wasted. It's really a waste of God's gift.

No matter how heartbroken she was, she had to be strong. Hua Hongmei tore off her gaze from the brown sugar water, and then said in the most gossipy tone: "Who else could it be? Whoever has just joined the army recently is the one!"

"Song! Yu!"

With new hatred and old grudges, Song Yu became the Liao family's number one public enemy without knowing it.