0.2

~

GABRIELLA

I was led on the operating table, in a place I didn't expect to be in after I left for the ground, i stare up at the ceiling breathing out a soft sigh. All the memories of the place I sat in came rushing back to me, bad and good. The ark was my nightmare, my trauma forced by a man I thought was my protector, a man I thought was my father. I never thought that right now I would be led in the very room my mother worked in, patching up wounds of people and helping them, patching up her own wounds and the wounds of her children caused by the man she thought loved us.

I ran through the halls of the ark, clutching my stuffed bear. A giggle escaped my lips as I looked behind me watching Miles and Tate chase me, "We're coming to get you!" Miles yelled playfully.

I rounded a corner which was right next to daddy's work office, I look inside, seeing it was clear. I clasp a hand over my mouth to stop the small giggle escaping my lips as jog into Daddy's office, closing the door behind me with a sigh of relief. I press my ear to the door hearing Miles and Tate run past the office door shouting a quick, "split up!" To one another.

Once their footsteps drain out and get quieter, I breathe out and back away from the door. My eyes look around the space, seeing lots of paper work scattered on the desk and a couch that was beside the door, no cushions or blankets on it like mummy liked just plain worn black leather. I walk towards the desk, smiling when I saw a spinning chair next to the desk, daddy never let me go in his office or he said I would be in big trouble but he was on duty guarding today so it didn't matter.

I shrugged, moving my feet slowly to the spinning chair and hesitantly sinking into the leather, letting out a quiet laugh as i spin around in the chair. My eyes getting blurred as it made my head go fuzzy and dizzy but i didn't care it was really fun.

I stop abruptly staring at the door as the handle jiggle before moving slightly ajar, i let go of my stuffed bear letting it fall beside me as I listened to the muffled voices, "Marcus, I will handle it." Daddy spoke and my hands started shaking, remembering what he told me if I go in his office.

My body slips under his desk, pulling my knees up to my chest and slowing my breathing just in time for the door to open fully and allow daddy to walk in. My heart hammered against my ribcage, seeing my stuffed bear I accidentally left in the spinning chair, my fingers reach up to grab one of its paws. It was unsuccessful because I couldn't reach, my hand clasped over my mouth, silencing my breaths.

I look to my side, seeing his boots coming just in front of the desk, making me remove my fingers and pull them to hug my knees. He stops walking, just before he reached the desk, "Gabriella Magnolia Woods, what did I tell you if you came in my office?" He called out, a shudder runs over my body, he saw my stuffed bear.

Even though he knew I was here, I keep frozen and hidden under his desk, both hands now over my mouth. Fear running through me, scared of being in trouble with Daddy again.

"Come out. Now." He told me, I could hear his teeth grit as he spoke. With my hands shaking I place them on the ground to crawl out, "Stand up." He orders, I do slowly, looking to the ground as i shuffled my feet beside him.

"I—I'm sorry, Daddy." My voice shakes, playing with my fingers in front of me.

"I don't care if you're sorry or not." He almost raises his voice, "Did you touch anything?"