0.4

~

GABRIELLA

After what happened, I couldn't sleep nevermind think or do anything else. I sat outside where no one could find me, or so I thought. It was a little space behind the whole place, I sat on some empty metal barrels. The sun rise was pretty, oranges, pinks and yellows all meshed together, my eyes look over the sky as the sun began to rise up into the now blue canvas. My hand gently rested under my chin as my elbow propped up against my crossed legs.

I hadn't seen Miles in nearly over a week now, and the worry still prickled at my skin. He always told me that he would be fine, fine without me and Tate but i didn't think that was true. Plus, I knew Tate was getting really worried now as well, considering Bellamy and the rest of them hadn't returned either.

I needed my friends right now, I needed my brothers and I especially needed Bellamy because I would be lying if I said my dad coming back didn't affect me. It seriously did a lot, the kind of trauma that comes back to haunt you in your sleep and particularly the type that I can't even eat or think about, because I might go crazy. Hell, I think I already am. But of course that's just daddy issues for you.

I didn't think I could even speak to my dad, nevermind say and threaten him in the way I did. And even after being comforted by Uncle Scott, still part of me believes what my dad told me was true. People say like father like daughter ; but I say fuck that theory and my dad's more of a pussy that he makes himself out to be, maybe I am just the better version of him.

I hear someone walking past, not even noticing me and instead looking out and through the makeshift border around the place. I could recognise that long blonde hair from anywhere, "If you're planning on disappearing again. Little piece of advice, that's an electric fence." I say, in a slight teasing tone, which makes her let out a small laugh as she turns her attention to me.

She smiles, and in that moment I returned it, me and Clarke had never been that fond of eachother from the start but I think that was clear, but now I could tolerate her absolutely, "Nice to see you again, Gabriella." She speaks out with a nod.

I give a small nod, my lips form a small curve, "You too." I say back, my brows furrow with a pause, "Just you? Where's my brother?"

She frowns slightly, sitting beside me slowly, "Your brother wasn't with us, Gabriella, and Anya helped me out." She confirms.

I give a slow nod, confirming to myself that Miles must be still with Octavia somewhere out there, but I pause before I turn back to her, "Wait. Anya helped you?" I say and she nods.

"I didn't think it was possible either." She says slowly, before looking back at me, something inside her eyes that bothers me, "When I was in there though, I heard some of them planning something. Planning something for you."

I blink, my eyes narrowing before returning them to the ground, "Why would they want me?" I say, confusion but also a hint of worry in my voice as I spoke.

Clarke shrugs from beside me, "I don't know. All I know is you need to be very careful, Gabriella." She warns me.

But another voice breaks off our conversation before I could get any more answers, "Careful of what?" Tates voice sounded out from the side of us, narrowing his eyes at us.

I look to Clarke to give her a look as she nods and stands, walking away to leave us to it, "Don't worry about it." I tell Tate, turning away from him.