🌼26. I wish

Context:
Shubman has a crush on Ishan and they both have never spoken a word to each other. Ishan has a boyfriend. Does Shubman get his Ishan? (Yes of course he does)

*Third Person's POV*

"Pssst! Shub! He's there!"
"WHERE?!"
"SHHHH! *Whispers* With his boyfriend"
"Ew- Tell me when he's alone"
"Don't think he's leaving him any sooner"
"CAN YOU STOP ABHI?!" Shubman shouted in a whisper with exaggerated facial expressions.

Abhishek just shrugged and he made a puking face too.
"ew indeed"
"They kissed?"
"No he just got him a flower ever"
"What?"
"A fucking rose"
"*scoffs* If it were me, I would've gifted him white lilies. They're his favorite. I know much better"
"Well, you do brother, but right now, you're not in the shoes of Mr. Unwanted hurdle"
"True... *sighs* Will I ever get my Ishan?"
"*Gasps excitedly* Dickhead just left! Stare all you want"

Shubman instantly turned around and was met with Ishan's pair of eyes already looking at him. He blushed at the intensity and Abhishek pretended to engage him in a talk.
"done staring yet, Loverboy?"
"I- I think he looked at me too"
"Well, definitely not... don't stay delusional Gill!"

Shubman sighed again as he saw Ishan talking to his friends the next second.
"*sighs* I'm telling you, Abhi, there's definitely something"

"I'm telling you, Mayu, there's definitely something"
"Between you and Kabir? Of course there is"
"No... I meant between him and I"
"Oh Shubman Gill?"

"What's wrong?"
"Someone called my name, did you hear it?"
"No... must be a ringing in your ear... chal na chalte hain"
"...fine"

"SHHH! Mayank are you crazy?!"
"Oh well, he definitely is!"
"*sighs* Well.... it doesn't matter right, I have a boyfriend... or does it?"
"Well it sure does because that man gifted you Roses. Like ARE YOU KIDDING ME BRO?! I'm pretty sure Shubman Gill would've gifted you lilies"
"it- it doesn't matter much, Mayank. It's just all flowers"
"It's the effort he puts into you, Ishu..."

Ishan shrugged Mayank's thoughts off and continued to his lecture.

"Hey Babe! I got you these chocolates"
"Uhm.. thank you, Kibu"
"Oh and.. I'm sorry about the date we planned... something's come up again and I can't go out with you today... is it okay if we change the dat-"
"It's alright, Kabir... We can just plan it later when you think you can go"
"Thanks, Babe"

Ishan sighed and Kabir gave a pat on his back, exiting the college.
"Ishu, why do you even want to put up with his shit?"
"He said sorr-"
"Ishu you and I both know he lied"
"...*sighs* What did I ever do wrong, Mayu?"
"Nothing, Ishu. I'm pretty sure everything will be alright in just a little more time"

Mayank hugged him and wiped his tears as he hid them from everyone else.
"Ishi, I'm so sorry"
"mhm... not your fault... It's fine.."

Mayank rubbed his back lightly and then helped him pack his stuff back. But of course, Shubman's stare didn't go unnoticed by him. Ishan was packing his stuff when Mayank noticed Shubman's eyes fixed on Ishan with both his hands curled around his cheeks, with elbows rested on the desk.

"Oh, Ishu... you're really so lucky"
"What happened?"
"look up at your left"

There Ishan met Shubman's eyes for a quick second before he looked down and blushed heavily.
"*coughs* Wh-where's my register?"
He began looking for the register along with Mayank and as soon as he looked up again, Shubman was gone. He did feel sad for a moment but then suddenly he saw him rubbing his head back on his seat. Looks like he picked something from under the table and hurt his head.