Chapter 28: It's For Me And My Boyfriend

After a long and peaceful sleep, the sun peeked through the curtains, casting a gentle glow across the room. Shun stirred, slowly waking from his slumber. Beside him, Dai was still fast asleep, his face nestled into Shun’s chest, arms wrapped tightly around his waist. For a moment, Shun stayed still, savoring the warmth of Dai’s embrace, the rhythm of his breathing soothing and steady.

But soon, the need to freshen up called to him, and with a soft kiss on Dai’s forehead, Shun carefully extricated himself from the bed. Dai murmured something in his sleep, but didn’t wake, allowing Shun to slip into the bathroom.

The sound of water running filled the small apartment, the air growing warmer and more humid as Shun took his time under the shower. The steam curled around him, relaxing his muscles and washing away the last traces of sleep. As he emerged, toweling off his hair, the scent of something delicious wafted through the air. Curiosity piqued, Shun quickly dressed and made his way to the kitchen.

There, he found Dai standing by the stove, expertly flipping something in a pan. The sight made Shun’s heart swell with affection. The kitchen was small, but Dai seemed to fill the space with his presence, moving with an ease that spoke of familiarity and comfort. Unable to resist, Shun walked up behind him and wrapped his arms around Dai’s waist, pressing his chest against Dai’s back.

“Morning,” Shun murmured, his voice still heavy with sleep.

Dai smiled, tilting his head back to meet Shun’s gaze. “Morning,” he replied, his voice equally soft. He turned his head just enough to plant a light kiss on Shun’s lips, a tender gesture that made Shun’s heart flutter.

“What are you making?” Shun asked, inhaling deeply. “It smells really good.”

Dai chuckled, flipping the contents of the pan once more before turning off the heat. “Tamagoyaki,” he said, referring to the slightly sweet rolled omelette, a traditional Japanese breakfast dish. “And I’ve got some miso soup and grilled fish ready too. I hope you’re hungry.”

Shun’s stomach rumbled in response, making Dai laugh. “I’ll take that as a yes,” he said, slipping out of Shun’s embrace to start plating the food.

They moved around the kitchen together, a comfortable silence settling between them as they worked in tandem. Shun set the table while Dai finished up, stealing glances at each other and exchanging small smiles that spoke volumes. There was a sense of peace in the air, an unspoken understanding that this, right here, was where they both belonged.

As they finally sat down to eat, Shun took his first bite of the tamagoyaki and sighed in contentment. “This is amazing, Dai,” he said, his voice filled with genuine appreciation. “You’re really good at this.”

Dai blushed slightly, a shy smile tugging at his lips. “I’m glad you like it,” he said. “I wanted to make something special for our first morning together.”

Shun reached across the table, taking Dai’s hand in his. “Every morning with you is special,” he said softly, his thumb brushing over Dai’s knuckles.

As the meal came to an end, Shun couldn’t help but feel a deep sense of contentment. There was something incredibly intimate about sharing a meal like this, just the two of them, in the quiet of the morning.

After finishing breakfast, Dai leaned back in his chair, a thoughtful expression on his face. "You know," he began, "since it's the weekend, why don't we go do some shopping? I need to get some stuff, and it might be fun to spend the day out."

Shun nodded, a smile lighting up his face. "That sounds good. It'll be nice to get out for a bit."

They quickly tidied up the kitchen, washed the dishes, and then got ready to head out. The city was alive with the hustle and bustle of a weekend morning as they made their way to the shopping district. The streets were lined with people enjoying the day, and the air was filled with the sounds of chatter and laughter. It was the perfect day to spend together, just the two of them.