Special Chapter 3

Amory woke up sore all over his body. Last night's escapade with Anton drained him completely.

He doesn't feel any regret about what happened last night, but he wasn't entirely proud of it either. Technically, he just wanted to blow off steam, but he felt that this wasn't something his old self would do.

But what else is new? Sobrang dami na niyang contradiction sa sarili niya.

Amory  got up halfway from bed at inalis ang pagkakapatong ng braso ni Anton sa baywang niya. Anton was sleeping peacefully. Nakadapa ito sa kama habang nakapatong ang isang braso sa kaniya.

Dumaretso siya sa bathroom to take a bath but when he saw his body in front of the mirror hindi niya maiwasang mamula. There were several love marks all over his body.

Then he remembered something at hindi niya maiwasang maguilty. What happened last night was nothing serious right?

He remembered the look in Anton's eyes last night. He wanted to deny it and dismiss it as a fleeting moment, but he was too aware not to notice. Anton's eyes were unlike anyone he had known before—so transparent. He could clearly see the emotions, the desire, the thirst, and the warmth in them.

But they just literally met each other, so he had no expectations. After all, the person he had trusted with his heart before betrayed and abandoned him coldly, so why would he trust the warmth of someone he just met?

Amory took a deep breath before glancing at his reflection in the mirror one last time, then proceeded to shower.

After showering, he put on a robe with nothing underneath and dried his hair with a towel. When he returned to the sleeping area, Anton was still sound asleep

Dahan-dahan niyang kinuha  ang phone niya sa ibabaw ng bed side table para hindi ito maistorbo. He stepped out onto the veranda and dialed Bettina's number.He needed to tell someone about what he planned to do, and Bettina was the friend he immediately thought of.

Hindi naman siya nabigo dahil just a few rings ay sinagot na agad ito ng kaibigan.

"Hi hon. What's up?" Cheerful na bati ng dalaga sa kabilang linya.

"I'm planning to talk to Sebastian," he said quietly and Bettina just listened on the other line, so he continued speaking. "I just think it's about time to have closure. Ayaw ko nang umasa sa mga 'what ifs', Bettina. He is married now. But I want my questions answered dahil baka kaya hanged up parin ako sa baggage ng nakaraan ay  dahil hindi kami nakapag-usap nang matino. I want everything to end now and start anew. Matagal na ang lumipas na mga taon pero bakit ganito pa rin?"

"Amory, I understand how you feel. It's natural to want closure and answers, especially after all this time. Remember, you deserve clarity and peace of mind. Whatever happens, I'm here for you." Bettina sounded unsure but she still wants to support him.She's a bit doubtful whether the closure will really benefit her friend, but if he feels that he really needs it to lighten the burden of the past and finally move on, then he should know better than she does.

Amory took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the past baggage pressing down on him at this very moment. "I had loved him so fucking much, so I don't understand why it had to come this way—" He glanced around when he sensed someone staring at him from behind, and he was met with a pair of warm chocolate almond-shaped eyes.

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya and was frozen for a few seconds bago niya napagdesisyunang putulin muna ang tawag. "I'll call you again later Bettina for now please send me his address." Narinig niya pa ang buntong hininga ng kaibigan sa kabilang linya bago tuluyang namatay ang tawag.

"Kanina ka pa?" Pinasadahan niya ng tingin ang katawan nito. Mukhang katatayo lang nito galing sa kama dahil boxers short lang ang suot nito.

"Sorry to eavesdrop, it was accidental," Anton apologized casually.