Chapter 13 : A Hero Saving A Beauty

Shi Ran: Thanks for the lawyer.

Chu Jinchen's lips curled up.

He twirled the phone in his hand like he was in no hurry to reply.

After about half an hour later, he then took his time to reply with two words.

[Chu Jinchen]: No need.

One week later.

Shi Ran arrived at Star City Entertainment dressed casually.

That day was the day she was signing with Star City.

"Oh my God! Sister Jia, your dress..."

As soon as she stepped into the front hall, a woman's compliment exploded in her ears.

She then followed the voice.

There was chaos at the elevator doors.

A woman was standing in the middle, wearing a set of Chanel outfit and a pair of sunglasses.

At that moment, a conspicuous dark brown mark could be seen on the middle of her white skirt.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The sweet-looking baby-faced girl apologized while holding a paper cup. There was brown liquid dripping down the white paper cup while she panicked.

"Pa!"

An assistant stepped forward and slapped the girl in the face angrily.

The young girl's face turned to the side as it quickly turned red.

She bit her lip and could only keep bowing and apologizing.

"Don't you have eyes? Do you know how much Sister Jia's clothes cost? Can you afford it?" The assistant became even more mean.

"I'm really sorry. I can wash... I'll help clean it." The doll-faced girl was on the verge of tears.

"Sister Jia's outfit is custom-made from overseas. It's worth more than 100,000 yuan. How are you going to wash them with your dirty hands?"

The woman in sunglasses frowned while her sharp eyes were still fixated on the baby-faced girl.

Even though she said nothing, her eyes showed that she clearly wanted to kill the baby-faced girl.

"Sister Jia, I'm really sorry! I really didn't mean it. I can take it to the dry cleaner to wash," the baby-faced girl said hurriedly.

"Pay up," the woman in the sunglasses said, her tone as firm as can be.

"I... I don't have money. I can't afford..." The baby-faced girl was out of her wits. She looked around at the people around her for help.

However, no one was willing to help. Everyone lowered their heads and pretended to not see her.

"Looks like you won't know your place until you see the coffin."

With that, the assistant strode forward and rudely snatched the paper cup from the girl's hand.

The brown liquid inside sloshed, and some of it spilled out.

The assistant smiled sinisterly and proceeded to pour the remaining liquid on the girl.

"Ah-" The doll-faced girl covered her face in fear.

The next moment she felt a grip on her hand.

As she spun to the side, the brown liquid splashed onto the gray tiles on the floor instead.

The baby-faced girl looked up with lingering fear and met a pair of beautiful dark brown eyes.

"Who are you?!" The assistant looked angrily at Shi Ran, who had suddenly barged in to save the baby-faced girl.