Chapter 89 : Make Her Unable to Turn The Tables

"It's true." Ji Wenfeng walked to the window and opened it.

The wind blew in his face, making him feel better.

"I didn't expect my father to do this either. It might be because he heard some rumors about Jinchen and Shi Ran," Wen Yufei explained anxiously.

"Does this have anything to do with you?" Ji Wenfeng asked directly.

"Wenfeng... what... what do you mean?" Wen Yufei's voice trembled in shock. "Am I such a person in your heart?"

"That's not what I meant. I wanted to ask if you were the reason President Wen removed Shi Ran."

"You scared me!" Wen Yufei breathed a sigh of relief. "Dad was worried about me being affected. I'm sorry, but I can't change his decision."

"It's fine. I'll settle it on my side." Ji Wenfeng felt a little lighter when he heard that.

"Okay, help me convey my apologies to Shi Ran."

"You haven't done anything wrong in this either, but I'll let her know."

After Ji Wenfeng hung up the phone, he turned to Shi Ran. "I don't think this has anything to do with Yufei."

He resumed his seat and explained, "It was her father who saw the scandal between you and Third Young Master and went ahead with it. She tried to persuade him otherwise but it didn't work."

Shi Ran pursed her lips and sized up Ji Wenfeng meaningfully.

Ji Wenfeng grimaced uncomfortably. "Yes?"

"Do you like Wen Yufei?" Shi Ran asked directly.

Ji Wenfeng trembled and quickly denied it. "What... what are you talking about? There's no such thing."

He denied it so quickly that his bronze skin couldn't hide the pink that came to his ears.

Now Shi Ran understood.

Love could blind people.

She didn't want to waste time on the subject. "Let's get this over with."

Ji Wenfeng regained his usual seriousness. "Video and photos. The only people who know the truth are the crew and the actors. Only they can help you clear your name."

"But the investors are putting pressure on them, so we probably won't find anyone. No! There's someone else..."

Ji Wenfeng clenched his right fist and punched his left palm. His eyes lit up. "Bai Jingtian!"

But soon, his expression darkened again. "The famous actor is famous for not being nosy. It's too difficult to convince him to help. Let's think of another way."

Unconsciously, Shi Ran's fingers brushed the bolster.

'A way?'

She did have a simple and crude solution.

"Actually, I—"

Just as Shi Ran spoke, Fang Tongtong's excited voice was heard. "Sister Ran, Brother Feng, Best Actor Bai has posted on Weibo!"

In Wen Yufei's bedroom, she had just come out of the shower when she received a call from Gong Zhiling.

"Sister Yufei! Have you seen the trending searches? If you haven't, quickly take a look! Let me tell you, this b*tch is dead meat, hahaha."

Gong Zhiling's carefree laughter entered her ears. She smiled. "You're that happy?"

"Of course I'm happy! It's all thanks to Sister Yufei. Do you remember the video I told you about yesterday?"