Apart

1. Handong's Dalian: The Bridge Between Two Worlds

Handong was next to take Iman on a journey to her hometown, Dalian, China. As they boarded the flight, Iman felt a mix of excitement and curiosity. Handong's roots in China were a unique aspect of their relationship, bridging the cultures of Korea, China, and now Malaysia.

1.1. Xinghai Square: A Fusion of Cultures

Their first stop was Xinghai Square, one of the largest city squares in the world. As they walked through the vast open space, Handong explained the significance of the square, a symbol of Dalian's history and its role as a cultural and economic bridge between China and the rest of the world.

Handong: "Dalian has always been a place where different cultures meet. It's a city of the sea, a place where people from all over the world come to trade, to work, and to live. Xinghai Square is a symbol of that fusion, a place where East meets West."

Iman marveled at the architecture, a blend of traditional Chinese elements with Western influences, reflecting the city's rich history as a gateway to the world. They visited the Dalian Shell Museum, where Handong pointed out various exhibits, explaining the significance of each one with a sense of pride and nostalgia.

Iman: "It's amazing how this city has managed to preserve its history while also embracing the future. I can see why you feel so connected to it, noona."

Handong: "Dalian is a part of me, just like Korea and now Malaysia are. I wanted you to see where I come from, to understand the city that shaped me into who I am today."

1.2. Laohutan Ocean Park: A Journey Through the Sea

Next, Handong took Iman to Laohutan Ocean Park, a marine-themed park that showcased the beauty of the ocean. As they walked through the aquarium, Handong's eyes lit up with excitement, her love for the sea evident in every word she spoke.

Handong: "The ocean has always been a source of inspiration for me. It's vast and mysterious, full of life and energy. Whenever I feel lost, I come here to find my center, to remind myself of the beauty of the world."

They watched a dolphin show, the playful creatures performing acrobatic tricks that brought smiles to their faces. Iman noticed how Handong seemed at peace in this environment, her connection to the sea mirroring her own gentle and serene nature.

Iman: "You're like the ocean, Handong-noona. Calm and beautiful on the surface, but with a depth that holds so much more than meets the eye."

Handong smiled, touched by Iman's words. She took his hand and led him to the beach, where they sat together, watching the waves crash against the shore.

Handong: "The ocean is like life, Iman. It's always moving, always changing. But no matter how turbulent it gets, there's always beauty in it. I wanted you to see this part of me, to understand the peace I find in the sea."

1.3. Zhongshan Square: A Legacy of Strength

Their final stop in Dalian was Zhongshan Square, a historic site that had witnessed the city's evolution over the years. Handong explained how the square had been a gathering place for the people of Dalian, a place where history had been made and where the spirit of the city could still be felt.

Handong: "This square has seen so much—wars, revolutions, celebrations. It's a symbol of Dalian's strength, of its ability to endure and thrive. Whenever I stand here, I feel connected to the past, to the people who came before me and fought to make this city what it is today."

Iman could feel the weight of history in the air, the sense of resilience that had defined Dalian's people for generations.

Iman: "You've inherited that strength, Handong-noona. It's clear that this city has given you a deep sense of pride and resilience. I'm so glad I got to see this part of your world."