Return To Spotlight

Morning: Back in Korea

The private jet touched down at Incheon International Airport, and the first light of the morning streamed through the windows, casting a golden hue over the cabin. Iman sat quietly, gazing out at the familiar landscape of Seoul, the city he had come to love and call home. Beside him, his wives were slowly stirring from their sleep, each one of them feeling the weight of the return to their everyday lives as idols.

Jihyo (stretching): "Home sweet home. It feels like forever since we've been back."

Iman (smiling softly): "It does, noona. But it also feels good to be back. There's something comforting about returning to our routines."

Seulgi (with a yawn): "Comforting, yes. But also daunting. We're going straight back into the chaos of schedules, rehearsals, and performances."

Iman nodded, understanding her concerns. Their lives as idols were a whirlwind of activities—performances, fan meetings, variety shows, and endless practice sessions. It was a demanding lifestyle that left little room for personal time, let alone time to nurture relationships.

Iman (thoughtfully): "We'll have to find a balance, noona. We've managed before, and we can do it again."

IU (smiling gently): "And we'll do it together, just like always. We'll support each other and make time for us, no matter how busy things get."

The sentiment was echoed by the others as they prepared to disembark. Their time away had strengthened their bond, and they were determined to maintain it despite the pressures of their careers.

Midday: Returning to the Mansion

The black SUVs rolled smoothly through the gates of their sprawling mansion on the outskirts of Seoul. The familiar sight of the grand building, with its towering walls and lush gardens, brought a sense of relief to Iman and his wives. This was their sanctuary, a place where they could be themselves, away from the prying eyes of the world.

Chaeyoung (excitedly): "It's good to be home! I can't wait to get back to my studio."

Yoohyeon (smiling): "And I can't wait to crash in my bed. I've missed it so much."

Iman chuckled at their enthusiasm. He, too, was looking forward to the comfort of home, but he knew that their return would also mean confronting the challenges of balancing their personal lives with their professional obligations.

Iman (gathering everyone in the living room): "Before we get too comfortable, I think we should talk about how we're going to manage everything. I know our schedules are going to be packed, but we need to make sure we're still making time for each other."

The mood in the room shifted as the seriousness of the situation set in. Each of them had their own careers, and managing them alongside their relationship would require careful planning and a lot of understanding.

Jiu (nodding): "Iman's right. We need to be intentional about spending time together. Whether it's having meals together, scheduling dates, or just relaxing as a group, we have to prioritize our relationship."

Nayeon (thoughtfully): "Maybe we could set aside certain days or nights for family time. No work, no distractions, just us."

Handong (smiling): "I like that idea. And when things get too hectic, we can always lean on each other for support."

Iman felt a surge of gratitude for his wives. They were all committed to making their relationship work, no matter the obstacles. It was moments like these that reminded him of how lucky he was to have them in his life.

Iman (with a nod): "It's settled then. We'll make time for us, no matter what. We're stronger together, and that's what will keep us going."

The agreement brought a sense of peace to the group, and they spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking and settling back into the mansion, each of them feeling a renewed sense of purpose and connection.

Evening: The First Challenge

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the mansion was alive with the sounds of laughter and conversation. Iman and his wives had gathered in the dining room for their first meal together since returning. The table was laden with a feast prepared by Seulgi and Jihyo, who had taken it upon themselves to cook a welcome-back dinner for everyone.

Iman (grinning as he took a bite): "This is amazing, noonas. You've outdone yourselves."

Seulgi (blushing slightly): "It's nothing, really. Just wanted to do something special for everyone."

Jihyo (smiling): "We've been through a lot, and it felt right to celebrate being back home together."

The atmosphere was warm and relaxed, the kind of moment that Iman cherished. But as the meal continued, the conversation inevitably turned to their upcoming schedules.

Jeongyeon (sighing): "I just got our schedule for the next few weeks. It's packed. We have rehearsals for the concert, recordings for the new album, and several appearances lined up."

Gahyeon (looking worried): "Same here. Dreamcatcher is gearing up for our comeback, and it's going to be non-stop for a while."

The mood around the table shifted, the weight of their responsibilities settling in. Iman could see the concern in their eyes—the fear that their busy lives would pull them apart.

Iman (firmly): "We'll figure it out, noona. It's not going to be easy, but we've faced tough situations before. We'll make this work."

IU (nodding in agreement): "We've always found a way to balance our careers and our relationship. It's all about communication and making time for each other."

Iman (reassuringly): "Exactly. And when things get overwhelming, we'll lean on each other. We're a team, and we'll get through this together."

The words brought a sense of comfort to the group, and the conversation shifted back to lighter topics as they finished their meal. But in the back of their minds, the challenges of maintaining their relationship in the face of their demanding careers lingered.

Late Night: Finding Balance

As the night wore on, the mansion gradually fell silent, the earlier buzz of activity giving way to the quiet of the late hours. Iman found himself alone in the living room, sitting by the large window that overlooked the garden. The moonlight cast a soft glow on the room, and he stared out at the night sky, lost in thought.

He knew that the next few weeks would be a test of their relationship. The demands of their careers would pull them in different directions, and the pressure to maintain their public personas as idols could strain their bond. But he also knew that they had faced challenges before and come out stronger because of their love and commitment to each other.

Iman (whispering to himself): "We'll make it through this, no matter what."

Just as he was about to head to bed, the sound of soft footsteps caught his attention. He turned to see IU standing in the doorway, her expression gentle as she approached him.

IU (quietly): "Couldn't sleep?"

Iman (shaking his head): "Just thinking about everything. How we're going to manage it all."

IU sat down beside him, her hand reaching out to take his.

IU (softly): "We'll manage, Iman-ah. We always do. And we'll have each other to lean on when things get tough."

Iman felt a wave of affection for her, for all of his wives. They were his strength, his reason for pushing through the challenges they faced. And he knew that as long as they were together, they could overcome anything.

Iman (smiling): "You're right, noona. We'll make it work."

IU leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead.

IU (whispering): "We will, Iman-ah. Because we're a family."

With those words, they both stood and made their way upstairs, ready to face the challenges of tomorrow, secure in the knowledge that their love would see them through.

End of Chapter