Embracing The Tradition

After their whirlwind tour across Southeast Asia, Dreamcatcher and Iman finally had a break. The past few months had been intense—filled with concerts, fan meetings, and countless hours of practice. But now, they had some much-needed downtime, and there was no better place to spend it than in Iman's hometown in Kelantan.

Kelantan was a world away from the bright lights of the big cities. It was a place where life moved slower, where traditions were upheld with pride, and where community and faith were deeply intertwined. Iman had always cherished his hometown, and after their first visit, the noonas had grown to love it too. But this time, as they made their way back to the village, they knew things might be a bit more challenging.

As the car wound its way through the familiar roads leading to Iman's village, the noonas looked out at the lush greenery and the simple houses that dotted the landscape. The air was thick with humidity, and the call to prayer could be heard in the distance, a reminder of the deep faith that permeated every aspect of life in Kelantan.

When they arrived at the village, they were greeted with warm smiles from some of the villagers who remembered them from their previous visit. However, there were also curious and cautious glances from others, particularly from the elders and those who hadn't interacted with them before. The fact that Dreamcatcher was a famous K-pop group, known for their modern and sometimes revealing stage outfits, was something that didn't quite align with the conservative values of the village.

Iman, sensing the mixed feelings, quickly addressed the situation. He had known this might happen, and he had already spoken to his noonas about it. Kelantan was a Muslim state, and as Muslims, the villagers took their religious practices seriously—especially when it came to modesty and the covering of aurat, or parts of the body that should not be exposed according to Islamic teachings.

Iman: Noonas, I know this might be a bit different from what you're used to, but in Kelantan, it's important to respect the culture and traditions, especially when it comes to modesty. I hope you don't mind, but I think it would be best if you could wear hijabs and cover your aurat while we're here.

The noonas exchanged glances, their expressions thoughtful. They had known that coming to Kelantan would mean embracing a different way of life, and they had discussed it among themselves before the trip. None of them wanted to do anything that would make Iman or the villagers uncomfortable. If wearing hijabs and dressing more modestly was what it took to show respect, then they were more than willing to do so.

JiU: Of course, Iman. We'll do whatever it takes to respect your culture and make everyone feel comfortable. We're here because we want to be a part of your life, and that includes understanding and embracing your traditions.

The other noonas nodded in agreement, and Iman felt a surge of gratitude and love for them. He had always admired their openness and willingness to adapt, but this gesture meant more to him than they could ever know.

That afternoon, Iman took the noonas shopping at a local market to buy hijabs and traditional clothing that would be appropriate for them to wear in the village. The market was bustling with activity, the vendors calling out to customers, the smell of fresh spices and food wafting through the air. The noonas were fascinated by the vibrant colors and intricate designs of the traditional Malay garments, and they eagerly tried on various outfits, laughing and complimenting each other as they did.

When they returned to the village, dressed in their new attire, the reaction was immediate. The villagers, who had initially been wary, were visibly impressed by the effort the noonas had made to respect their customs. The elders, in particular, appreciated the gesture, and their previously cautious glances softened into warm smiles.

Iman's heart swelled with pride as he watched his noonas interact with the villagers, their natural charm and sincerity winning over even the most reserved members of the community. The women in the village, who had been unsure about the group's presence, began to open up, offering to teach the noonas how to cook traditional Malay dishes and inviting them to join in the daily activities.

As the days passed, the noonas became more comfortable in their new attire, and the village became a second home for them. They spent their mornings helping out in the kitchen, learning how to make dishes like nasi kerabu and ayam percik. In the afternoons, they would visit the local mosque, where they were welcomed with open arms by the women of the community. The noonas, always eager to learn, took this opportunity to understand more about the Islamic faith and the way of life in Kelantan.

Iman watched all of this with a mixture of awe and affection. His noonas, who had come from a completely different world, had not only embraced his culture but had done so with grace and humility. They had made an effort to understand the values and traditions that were important to him, and in doing so, had won the hearts of the entire village.

One evening, as the sun began to set and the call to prayer echoed through the village, Iman and his noonas sat together on the porch of his family's home, watching the sky turn shades of orange and pink. The atmosphere was peaceful, the sound of crickets filling the air, and for a moment, everything felt perfect.

Iman: Noonas, thank you for everything. I know this hasn't been easy, but you've made it feel like home again. Seeing how the villagers have accepted you—it means the world to me.

Siyeon, who was sitting closest to Iman, reached out and took his hand, her eyes filled with warmth.

Siyeon: We're the ones who should be thanking you, Iman. You've shown us a part of your life that we never would have experienced otherwise. And you've taught us so much about love, respect, and what it means to be a family.

The other noonas nodded in agreement, and Iman felt a lump form in his throat. He had always known that his relationship with them was special, but this trip had shown him just how deep their bond truly was.

As the days turned into weeks, the villagers' initial reservations melted away completely. They had come to see the noonas as part of their community, and the group had grown to love the simple, peaceful life in the village. The days were filled with laughter, shared meals, and moments of quiet reflection, and for the first time in a long while, Iman felt completely at peace.

But as much as they loved their time in Kelantan, the noonas knew that their break would soon come to an end. The world was waiting for Dreamcatcher to return, and they had a duty to their fans and their careers. When the day finally came for them to leave, there were tears and heartfelt goodbyes from the villagers, who had come to see them as family.

As they drove away from the village, Iman looked back one last time, the memories of their time there etched in his heart. The noonas, sensing his emotions, reached out to him, their hands offering comfort and support.

JiU: We'll come back, Iman. This is your home, and it's a part of our lives now too. We'll always have a place here.

Iman smiled, his heart full of love for the women who had not only accepted him but had embraced his entire world.

Iman: I know. And I can't wait to show you more of it. There's so much more I want to share with you all.

As they drove away, the noonas and Iman knew that their journey was far from over. There would be more challenges, more adventures, and more moments of growth. But they also knew that, no matter where life took them, they would always have each other—and the love that bound them together would carry them through whatever came next.