Unspoken Truths

A week had passed since our trip to Kelantan, and we were back in the city, but the tranquility of the village still lingered in the air. Everyone seemed more at ease, as if the trip had washed away the stress and anxiety that had been building up.

But with the calm came a new set of challenges. The reality of our unique relationship—a marriage to twenty-two women—was something we couldn't escape. As much as the trip had brought us closer, it also highlighted the complexities of our situation.

Navigating the New Normal

I was in the kitchen, attempting to make breakfast for everyone. It was a small way to show my appreciation, and I enjoyed the normalcy of the routine. The sound of footsteps behind me made me turn around. It was Dami, looking fresh and radiant in her morning attire.

Dami: Need some help, Iman?

I smiled at her. "I wouldn't say no. With so many of us, this is turning into quite the feast."

She chuckled, stepping up beside me to chop some vegetables. "You're really doing this, huh? Cooking for all of us?"

"Why not?" I replied. "I enjoy it. Plus, it gives me a chance to spend some one-on-one time with each of you."

Dami paused for a moment, as if debating something in her mind. "Iman... you know, we all want more time with you. But with so many of us, it's hard. Sometimes it feels like we're all competing for your attention."

I stopped stirring the pot, her words hitting me harder than I expected. "I know, Dami. Believe me, I'm trying to make it work, but it's not easy. I never wanted any of you to feel like you're in a competition."

She placed a gentle hand on my arm, her expression softening. "We understand, Iman. We do. But it's hard sometimes. We just need to find a balance."

A Quiet Confession

Later that day, I found myself in the living room with IU. She had been unusually quiet since we returned, and I could sense something was bothering her. We sat together on the couch, the silence between us comfortable but tinged with unspoken words.

IU: Iman... can I ask you something?

"Of course," I replied, turning to face her fully.

She hesitated for a moment, her fingers nervously playing with the hem of her shirt. "Do you ever... regret this? Having so many of us in your life?"

The question caught me off guard. "Regret? No, IU, never. Why would you think that?"

She shrugged, her eyes downcast. "I don't know. Sometimes I just wonder if it's too much for you. If we're too much for you."

I reached out, gently lifting her chin so she would look at me. "IU, listen to me. I chose this life because I love each and every one of you. Yes, it's overwhelming at times, but I don't regret it. Not for a second."

She smiled softly, relief washing over her features. "Thank you, Iman. I needed to hear that."

A New Routine

As the days went by, we all settled into a new routine. The wives divided their time between their careers and home, and I made a conscious effort to spend quality time with each of them. Whether it was a quiet walk with Handong in the park, a late-night conversation with Jeongyeon, or a cooking session with Wendy, I found ways to connect with them all.

But despite our best efforts, there were moments when the tension resurfaced. The reality of our situation meant that someone would always feel left out, no matter how hard I tried to prevent it.

One evening, after dinner, we gathered in the living room for a movie night. Everyone was there, sprawled across the couches and floor, laughing and teasing each other. But I could see the subtle glances, the unspoken competition for my attention.

The Breaking Point

It was late into the movie when Seulgi, who had been unusually quiet, finally spoke up.

Seulgi: Iman, can we talk?

The room fell silent, all eyes turning to us. I nodded, standing up and leading her to a quieter corner of the room.

Seulgi took a deep breath, her expression serious. "I know we're all trying to make this work, but... it's hard, Iman. I feel like I'm constantly fighting for a place in your life, and it's exhausting."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I know, Seulgi. I've been trying to make time for everyone, but it's not easy. I never wanted you to feel this way."

She looked up at me, her eyes filled with a mix of frustration and sadness. "We all love you, Iman, but this... it's becoming too much. We need to find a way to make this work, or it's going to tear us apart."

Her words struck a chord deep within me. I knew she was right. We couldn't go on like this, constantly fighting for my attention. We needed a solution, something that would bring us closer instead of driving us apart.

A Plan for the Future

The next morning, I called a meeting with all of my wives. We gathered in the living room, the tension palpable. I could see the worry in their eyes, the fear that this might be the beginning of the end.

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what I was about to say.

"Listen, everyone. I know things have been difficult lately, and I want you to know that I'm aware of how hard this situation has been for all of you. I never wanted any of you to feel neglected or like you're in competition with each other. That's not the kind of relationship I want us to have."

I paused, letting my words sink in before continuing. "We need to find a way to make this work, to make sure everyone feels loved and valued. I've been thinking a lot about it, and I've come up with an idea. What if we established a schedule, a way to ensure that I spend equal time with each of you? It wouldn't be perfect, but it might help."

The room was silent as they considered my proposal. Finally, JiU spoke up.

JiU: I think it's a good idea, Iman. It's a step in the right direction, at least.

Jeongyeon nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it might not solve everything, but it's a start."

IU chimed in, her voice soft but determined. "We're all in this together, right? We can make it work."

One by one, they all voiced their support, and I felt a wave of relief wash over me. This wasn't a perfect solution, but it was something. A way to move forward.

A New Beginning

The next few weeks were a learning curve for all of us. The schedule we implemented helped, giving everyone a chance to have their time with me without feeling neglected. There were still challenges, of course, but we faced them together, as a family.

Our bond grew stronger as we navigated this new chapter in our lives. The tension that had once threatened to pull us apart was slowly replaced by a deeper understanding and appreciation for one another.

And through it all, I was reminded of why I had chosen this life. Despite the challenges, the love we shared was worth it. Every moment, every memory, every laugh and tear—we were building something beautiful, something that would last a lifetime.

As we settled into our new routine, I couldn't help but feel hopeful for the future. We had come so far, and I knew that together, we could overcome anything.

This was our story, and it was only just beginning.