Ch42. Ice Cream

"Good job Willow" Peeta cheers holding down the bowl of batter Willow is mixing.

I laugh from behind them, supporting Willow in her sitting position just incase she falls; she has almost fully mastered the skill of sitting up on her own now, but still seeing her sitting up on the counter is more scary than on a soft blanket on the floor.

Willow holds the wooden spoon in a tight fist, a cheeky grin resting on her chubby little face as little giggles escape her.

I don't really know how it happened but Willow and I had come to visit Peeta at work today and the place had been practically empty. Willow had been super interested in what Peeta was doing, so Peeta suggested that she helped him bake.

She wasn't very good at mixing, as to be suspected for her age but she had fun waving the spoon around and eventually when the spoon wasn't giving what she wanted anymore she changed to her hands, squishing the soft wet dough between her fingers.

Peeta and I laugh simultaneously at Willow's messiness, encouraging her to speed up her squishing and clap the batter all over the place when she sees our smiles.

"Good job Wills" I laugh clapping along with her even as the batter comes flying towards me to land on my face.

Peeta's laughter grows seeing the sticky goo on my face, and before I know it he is leaning over towards me, slowly licking it off with a kiss that lingers for a long moment.

I feel heat as the blush rises up my cheeks but still I can't help but smile, "have you got it off" I chuckle softly when he finally pulls back.

Peeta smiles slyly, "not quite" he smirks leaning in to my lips this time and connecting them with such passion I nearly fall backwards.

His kisses are so intoxicating that I have to work hard to keep myself from losing control, we are still in public and I am currently still holding Willow up in a sitting position.

After minutes of fiery kisses it's Willow that finally pulls us back, an annoyed whine escaping her as she tries to showcase her annoyance at her lack of her attention.

"Oh Willow" Peeta coos, lifting a grubby Willow into his strong arms. She gurgles at his touch, reaching out a sticky hand to touch his face. Peeta recoils at her sticky hands grabbing them in his hand before they can cause more chaos.

"I think it's time for a bath" Peeta laughs bringing Willow over to the sink to clean her up.

I'm still trying to catch my breath as Peeta takes Willow away, allowing me a moment to clean myself up.

My top has gone slightly askew but aside from my slightly swollen lips and blushed cheeks I seem presentable, and luckily it's just in time as Will appears in the kitchen, wondering in from the front serving area.

He smiles at the mess on the counter, following the trail of batter towards the sink where Peeta is currently wiping down a squirming Willow who does not appear to be happy.

"Looks like you guys had fun back here" Will laughs sharing a discreet wink with me as our eyes meet, my blush thickens, apparently I wasn't as good at hiding it as I thought.

Peeta smiles over at Will as he speaks, keeping his hands on Willow still trying to squirm out of his hold.

"Gotta teach them young" Peeta chuckles with a friendly smile.

We all chuckle along with him while Willow continues to whine in his arms.

"Oh bug, we're almost done" Peeta coos comfortingly, wiping her dry before going to dress Willow in clean clothes.