Wedding

(Reece's pov)

Today is the day. The day I marry the love of my life. I have slept over at Autumn and Winter's house, it made sense seeing as they would help get me ready and also Marjorie believes all the superstitions about not seeing each other the day of the wedding.

I am just lying in bed, I haven't been able to sleep at all, the excitement and nerves of the big day are eating me alive, well that and the fact that I can never sleep well without Marjorie. I am just staring at the ceiling, it's currently 1am, way too early for anyone else to be up, and I really need to catch some sleep, but I just can't. I settle for a different idea. I gently sneak out of the spare room, quietly shutting the door, as to not wake Autumn up, she is a very light sleeper. I softly tiptoe my way downstairs and quietly into the garden, settling myself down on the grass, looking up at the stars. This is my place. The stars have always been a big comfort to me, and they are a symbol of mine and Marjorie's relationship as well. We always go on stargazing dates, at least once every 2 weeks, and I know that if we are apart, I can look up at them and know that she will be doing the same.

I lay down for about an hour before I hear footsteps behind me. I assume it's Autumn, she probably did hear me. They gently lay next to me, turning to look at me then up at the sky. "You okay Reece?" they speak, and I've never turned my head faster, it is Winter. "Winter? What are you doing here?" I ask him, sitting up and he swiftly follows. "I couldn't sleep the night before marrying Autumn either. I assumed you may be out here so I came out here, so you know you're not alone. It was silly really. I should probably leave you alone." he explains, then going to stand up. "No." I blurt out, he looks at me shocked and I myself am too. "I don't want to be alone. Stay?" I ask, and he nods his head, lying back down as I do too, and we stare up at the stars, in comfortable silence.

30 minutes go by and then we hear Autumn. "My sweet?", she calls out from upstairs, panicked and then calls out for me, "Reece?" the panic in her voice growing as we hear her running around upstairs, then hurriedly running down the stairs, before there is a thud. We both sit up and look at each other, a worried look flashes across our faces and we both scramble to get up, running to the stairs. "Autumn?!?" I yell out and then we see her, holding her ankle at the bottom of the stairs, tears glistening in her eyes. "My love what happened?" Winter says gently, making his way over to Autumn, bending down and pulling her into a hug. "I woke up and both of you were gone, I must have gone down the stairs too fast. My ankle. It really hurts Winter." she says, grabbing onto Winter's hoodie and letting the tears fall. I place my hand on my head and shake it, "I knew I should have stayed inside. I'm so sorry Aut." I say, and she looks up at me. "It's not your fault. I should've been more careful." she says, wincing in pain again. "Are you okay? Do we need to get you to the hospital?" Winter asks, holding Autumn closer. "I don't know. Winter I can't think, it hurts." she says in between breathes, holding her ankle. "It's okay my sweet. Let's get you up onto the sofa, and get you some ice?" he suggests and she just nods, wrapping both her arms round his neck. He gently lifts himself up from the ground, taking her with him and wrapping her legs around him, being extremely careful with the sore ankle.

I run to the kitchen, searching through the freezer and grabbing an ice pack, whilst Winter takes Aut to the living room, placing her down on the sofa. I come through with the ice pack, and grab a pillow from the other sofa, gently sliding it under her ankle, then placing the ice pack on. She winces at the cold but then settles, relief seems to come over her face. "Okay you need to leave that on for an hour, and then we will check it again, if it still hurts just as bad, then we will take you to hospital, I'm setting an alarm for an hours time." I say sternly, and she rolls her eyes. She sits up slightly and gestures for Winter to sit behind her, to which he does and she leans back into him, her head resting on his chest, closing her eyes and his hands gently stroking through her hair. I have never seen her this relaxed before.