Chapter 64: Second New Autobot Arrival

(Uniend Cluster 831.1012.514.1014.25.07.02.23.32 Zeta-Alpha-Kappa, Monday, May 9th, 1988, first person POV...)

I'm Daphne Sanders-Patterson.

I was a computer analyst in New Jersey who got laid off because I contracted a stomach bug.

I was sitting at home in my bedroom, reading Transformers fanfictions about Transformers Prime.

I followed Transformers Prime extensively, and I have to say, I'm not happy with the amount of Autobots in the show, and I'm also not happy with Cliffjumper being murdered in the first episode only to get turned into a zombie and then get blown up, Arcee gunning for Airachnid despite being told again and again that revenge doesn't solve problems in war, the Autobots choosing not to punish Miko for her reckless actions, the Forge of Solus Prime not being given a recharging station, the Aerialbots, Protectobots, Technobots, Dinobots, Rust Renegades, Air Team, Build Team, Team Bullet Train, Construction Patrol, Off Road Patrol, Monster Truck Patrol, and so forth were not shown on Earth, the lack of flying Autobots except for Optimus in Beast Hunters from Rebellion onwards, the Predacons and Predacon clones being destroyed and/or turned into Terrorcons, the Autobots not getting any Red Energon, Starscream's attempt to join the Autobots being botched because of his big mouth and Arcee's inability to recognize that there are consequences for her actions of revenge, the protoforms in the Harbinger being wasted on Starscream's clones who failed in their mission, and among other things, the Autobots not getting any upgrades to become able to fly along with the humans not getting proper protection against Decepticons.

All of this and more pointed out in fanfictions and by the TV Tropes What An Idiot page for Transformers Prime made me wish I were reincarnated as a Cybertronian to get acquainted with the Autobots 22 to 23 years before the start of the show.

And as I woke up, I could see Earth outside a window.

I realized in that instant, my wish came true! I was reincarnated as a Cybertronian!

But then, I took a look at myself in the reflection of the window, and I was disgusted, because I'm reincarnated as a sparkling!

Oh, well. If I can grow up some, I'll be able to help the Autobots in any way that I can.

After I landed, I waited patiently.

Then, I heard the faint warbling sound of the Ground Bridge for the Autobots opening, and I remember it all too well since the Autobots came closer.

Oh my gosh, I guess as a baby, I'm developing heightened senses, the ability to sense energy signals, the ability to sense Cybertronian factions to differentiate Autobots and Decepticons, and so many others that are only possible through Cybertronian technology.

I heard Optimus Prime himself say, "(Muffled) Stay alert, Autobots; even though our intel says that this is another sparkling pod, we do not know what else might be inside."

Jumpbee then says, "You're right, Optimus, and seeing as I'm not detecting any weapons on that pod, I'd say it's safe to investigate further."