Chapter 148: Enter Dimsaber

(Quadwal cluster Earth 987.390.283 Alpha, Saturday, April 6th, 2019, first person POV...)

I'm Damian Karridge.

I'm a 39-year-old fanfiction writer in my spare time and a secretary manager.

Granted, it's not a job that pays well in some cities, but sometimes you gotta make do with what you have.

Anyway, I live in Massachusetts, one of the ten best areas of the United States for writers of different fields, and this day is the beginning of a new, awesome, and yet insane life for me.

How is that so, you ask? Well, allow me to explain from the beginning.

It was eleven in the morning/mid-day and I was visiting my grandfather for the week to spend some quality time with him as my great-grandfather was taken to a hospital to check on his physical health.

Thankfully, so far there's nothing serious about his condition to be concerning, but the doctors want to make sure he's healthy and not suffering from health complications that are apparent in my paternal grandfather's side of the family every three generations. And also because the doctors don't want to take any chances just in case something serious is in fact happening behind closed doors and they don't want to be too late to save the life of a man on the cusp of turning one hundred and twelve years old, in spite of the fact that my paternal grandfather and my maternal grandmother's sides of my family come from a long line of people with respectable careers who take lots of time off in their vacations to exercise and maintain a healthy diet. Hence the reason why despite my great-grandfather being five-ten feet and inches tall and just one hundred and eleven years old, he has a bodybuilder's physique. And along with the fact that my paternal grandfather having the physique of a powerlifter.

In any case, the place my grandfather lives in in terms of the street is among the worst streets in Massachusetts to live in.

And the reason why is because there are gang sightings, murders, and shootouts between the gangs and the police with both sides taking heavy casualties, hence why there are many police officers amounting to one hundred and sixty-nine either dead or in critical condition.

Almost makes me wish the Ghost Rider from Marvel Comics were real so he could kill the gangs in question.

Granted, murder is a crime and a sin in religious contexts, but as I haven't grown up religious, I don't know much about how evil some people can truly become depending on how they're raised and depending on what traits of each parent they inherit later in life among other factors, and in addition for the fact that I don't give a crap about such archaic religious practices in the 21st century.

But I had a feeling that I was going to find out the hard way somehow.

Anyway, my grandfather came up to me and he said, "Damian. I'm going shopping with your dad. Keep an eye on your big little cousin Mariska, okay?"

I replied as I went straight to it, "Aye-aye, chief."

Yeah, my grandfather served in the Armed Forces in the time of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and he was one of the above top secret commando members who raided Afghanistan and other Middle East countries in search of the terrorist responsible for the four simultaneous attacks in the United States on September 11th, 2001: two in unison on the Twin Towers in New York City, one on the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., and the averted destruction of the White House thanks to a passenger rebellion on the last plane.