3. The Anklet and the Birthday Wish✨

Author Note – Hey Butterflies🦋,

Did you all read the previous chapter? Please let me know your thoughts on it. Also, I will be updating chapters every other day, so be sure to check them out✨💞.

Enjoy the new update! Thanks🥰.

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Author POV

Years passed, and Rajveer was now 18. He still remembered Tara, as she had made a profound impact on his life. He had grown up to be quite a striking and charismatic young man. Thanks to the inspiration of his Little Angel, he was very modest but also a resolute boy.

Today was his 18th birthday, and everyone was invited. It was a grand, opulent celebration, as it was their Bade Rajkumar's birthday.

On the morning of his birthday, he came downstairs wearing a blue silk kurta and went to the dining hall where everyone was seated.

"Good morning, Dada Sa, Dadi Sa, and Baba Sa," he greeted with a smile, touching their feet for blessings. They all wished him and bestowed their blessings. His father said, "Raj, aaj aapka janamdin hai, toh humne shaam ko aapke liye party rakhi hai, aur haan, aapka gift hum shaam ko denge. Tab tak enjoy the day" (Raj, it is your birthday today, so we have organized a party in the evening. And yes, I will give you your gift then. Until then, enjoy the day). Rajveer went to the kitchen where his Maa Sa was making kheer for him. He went to her and hugged her hand from behind.

"Maa Sa, aapne hame abhi tak wish nahi kiya, yeh toh galat baat hai," he pouted (Maa Sa, you haven't wished me yet. This isn't fair).

His mother ruffled his hair and replied with a giggle, "Aree mere bete, Happy Birthday!"

"Wow, Maa Sa, kheer! Hamare liye?" he asked (Wow, Maa Sa, rice pudding! For me?).

"Ji haan, aapke liye. Aap bade ho gaye hain, par hamare liye aap abhi bhi hamare bacche hi hain," his mom replied (Yes, for you. You may have grown up, but to us, you are still our baby).

He embraced his mom and left the kitchen. Soon, he encountered Lakshay and Aditi (his siblings), and they spent the day revelling in each other's company, playing video games.

"Bhai Sa, you know you're getting old now," Aditi teased as they played. "You've become so sluggish at these games. Maybe you should stick to chess."

Rajveer shot back with a grin, "Sluggish? I'm just giving you a head start. Can't let the youngest win all the time, can I?"

Lakshay chimed in with a smirk, "Yeah, right. We all know you're just trying to avoid the 'Old Man' title."

Aditi laughed, "Old Man? Bhai Sa, you're barely a day older than us. You're just not good at concealing your age!"

In the evening, everyone had arrived—extended family, friends, and other royal families.

Rajveer was happily greeting everyone and was beside his father when his eyes fell on a girl who was very beautiful, with curious eyes, wearing a simple Anarkali suit. She was neither too slender nor too plump, just the right amount in all the right places, unlike the skinny girls of today, she was the right amount of healthy.

She was standing with Anjali. He felt as if he had seen her somewhere but couldn't place her.

Nayantara, who had arrived with her parents, was making her way through the crowd. She bumped into Anjali and smiled warmly.