23. The Calm Before the Storm? ✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,

I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.

Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Nayantara's POV

It feels so complete to have him by my side. We all had so much fun; I never expected Veer, Gautam, and Rishabh to join us, but I'm glad they did. Tonight, we were heading back home.

I was walking through the resort's garden when someone hugged me from behind. "Hamare bina yaha kya kar rahi hain Aap?" Veer said. (What are you doing here without me?)

"Ji, ab kya kare, Aap hamara peecha hi nahi chorte," I replied with a mischievous smile. (What should I do? You don't leave me alone.)

"Oh, so you don't want me with you? Fine, I'll go," Veer said with a pout, but I held his hand before he could leave.

"Yeh line Aap pe acchi nahi lagti, nakhre Aap hamare liye chor dein," I giggled. (This line doesn't suit you; leave the tantrums for me.)

"Accha ji," he smirked as he picked me up and twirled me around.

"I don't want to go home so soon," I pouted.

"I know, Tara, but we have work back there. There's so much pending, and we also need to talk to our parents," he said, tucking my hair behind my ear and kissing my forehead as he pulled me into a hug.

"Yes, or else they will find someone else for us," I said, looking into his eyes.

"Nahi, aisa nahi hoga," he replied, panic evident in his voice. (No, this won't happen.)

I giggled at his immediate response, and soon all six of us gathered at the cottage to enjoy our last day together.

"Raj, how are you planning to tell the family?" Gautam asked.

"Urmm, not yet decided. Tara, have you thought of anything?" Veer turned to me.

"Well, Ruhi Bhabhi Sa already knows, so she can handle Bhai Sa. We'll see about the rest," I said, a bit unsure.

"How does Ruhi Bhabhi Sa know?" Veer asked curiously.

"Anjali and Priyanshi told her since you all planned this proposal here," I replied with a smile.

"Ohh, but you're sure your brothers won't kill me, right? They look like they could attack at any moment," he said, worried.

"Bas, itna hi pyaar kiyaa Aapne? Mere Bhaiyon se dar gaaye Aap? Yeh umeed nahi thi aapse, Veer," I teased. (Is this all the love you have for me? You're afraid of my brothers? I didn't expect this from you, Veer.)

"No, no, I love you a lot. I'm not scared of your brothers, just scared of their reaction," he said with a silly smile.

"Pot-tae-to, Po-ta-to," Priyanshi giggled.

"Don't tease him," Gautam said as he playfully pushed Priyanshi onto the couch beside her.

"Oh God, keep your hands to yourself!" Priyanshi exclaimed, feeling a bit Shy.

Something is definitely brewing between those two; I sensed it during the bonfire night as well. I'll have to talk to her alone.

"Enough, guys. Everything will be fine. We're all in this together and will figure out whatever comes our way," Anjali said.

"Yes, I agree. We're all together, come what may," Rishabh added, winking at Anjali. Wait, did I really just see him wink at her, or was it just my imagination?