18. When Paths Cross and Truth Unfolds ✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,
Happy Dassehra🏹🔥👺
I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.
Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Rajveer's POV

"Hey Tara, nice to see you," I managed to say nervously. I had envisioned this scenario a hundred times, but trust me, at this moment, it felt incredibly difficult.

"Um, yeah, but how are you here?" Nayantara asked, glaring at her friends, who offered her sheepish smiles.

"Woh, I came here with my friends. You remember Rishabh and Gautam, right?" I said, pointing toward them, causing Gautam to choke on his drink.

"Hey guys, what a coincidence that you're here too," she said, shooting a glare at Anjali.

"Yep, this was totally unplanned," Rishabh remarked. 'Chup reh na bhai,' I thought to myself as I facepalmed. (Shut up brother)

"Well, abh mil hi gaye hain, toh saath ghoomenge, hai na Nayan?" Priyanshi said, smiling slyly. (Well, now that we met, let's explore together, right Nayan?)

"Yep, sure, why not?" Nayantara replied, still glaring. Was she unhappy? Had I made a mistake? Well, what has to happen will happen—let's see.

We had lunch, exchanged a few casual conversations, and agreed to meet again in the evening to watch the sunset at the beach.

Nayantara's POV

This was definitely not a coincidence; it was a well-planned surprise. Honestly, I was shocked at first, and a bit angry too. But it's good that we met—whether it was planned or a coincidence, more the merrier, right?

"What the actual Fuck was that, guys?" I screamed as we reached our cottage.

"Well, Gautam had asked about my plans, but I didn't think he would actually join," Anjali replied, though I sensed something was off in her reaction.

"Whatever it is, it's nice to have company, right?" Priyanshi said.

"Yeah, that's true, but this was supposed to be our trip," I said quietly.

"It's okay, babe. We can enjoy ourselves. Let's tell them we can't join," Anjali suggested.

"No, let it be; it's alright. It wouldn't look good," I replied, still uncertain.

"It'll be like a camp reunion," Priyanshi chirped.

"Yeah, and Nayan, you can sort things out with Rajveer," Anjali added.

"Sort out what? That you had a girlfriend and didn't tell me? No, thank you. Let's not make it more awkward than it already is," I said firmly.

"Ohh... umm, yeah, okay," Anjali replied. Have they planned something?

Author's POV

After resting for a while, they met in the lobby of the resort and left for the beach around 4 p.m.

"Hey Raj, what happened with the girl you went to see for marriage? When's the wedding?" Rishabh asked as they walked towards the beach.

"Huh? What?" Rajveer replied, confused as he stole glances at Nayantara.

"Oh, she rejected him. You didn't know?" Gautam teased.

"Guys, cut the crap. I am very sure you all know it was me," Nayantara said, a bit embarrassed.