11. A Saturday of Mixed Emotions ✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,

I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.

Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Nayantara's POV

It is Saturday today, and the boy and his family are coming over. I have mixed feelings about this. Since morning, Maa Sa and Bhabhi Sa have been planning to dress me up beautifully. Maa Sa suggested I wear a saree, so Ruhi Bhabhi Sa bought three exquisite sarees for me to choose from. I particularly liked the peach saree, so I selected that one.

Wearing a saree brings me joy; well, it's the only happiness in my life right now, as everything else is clouded with confusion. I got ready, and it was already 5 P.M. They were about to arrive in an hour. I was in my room when Bhai Sa and Arjun entered.

"Di, aap kaafi pretty lag rahe hain," Arjun said. (Sis, you're looking very pretty.)

"Aree waah, I'm lucky today; my mischievous brother is complimenting me!" I chuckled.

"Aree, when I say something nice, you tease me, and if I say something negative, you shout. What should I do?" he frowned.

"Chup kar jao, Arjun," Karan Bhai Sa replied. (Shut up, Arjun.)

I laughed at my brother's antics and embraced both of them. "I'm truly fortunate to have you two. Thank you for everything," I said, feeling a surge of emotion.

"Aree, Di, aaj aapki shaadi nahi hai, don't get so senti," Arjun laughed. (Aree, Sis, it's not your wedding today.)

I hit him playfully and turned to Karan Bhai Sa. "Bhai Sa, did you find out details about the boy?" I inquired.

"Yes, bacche, I conducted a thorough investigation. He is a good person, has his own firm in Mumbai, and is also managing his family business alongside. His record is impeccable," he assured me.

"Okay, Bhai Sa, thank you," I replied gratefully.

"Oye, why thank you? You're my only sister; naturally, I'll do this. And don't feel pressured to say yes; it's entirely your choice. Even if you agree, if you sense anything amiss, you must come to me. Is that clear?" he said with genuine concern.

"Aye Aye, Captain!" I chuckled and hugged him.

"Oye, again you've left me out! Seriously, I think I'm adopted; I'm always left out!" Arjun frowned, and we laughed and embraced him.

Soon they departed as the guests had arrived. I was still feeling anxious when Bhabhi Sa came to summon me downstairs.

"Urmm, Bhabhi Sa, actually, what is his name? I meant to ask Maa Sa, but she was busy," I asked hesitantly.

Bhabhi Sa chuckled and replied, "Rajveer Shekhawat."

"Rajveer?" I reconfirmed. Why does this name sound familiar? OMG, Rajveer, 'Veer'—is that truly the Veer I know?

As we moved downstairs, I could feel all eyes on me. There were two boys sitting next to each other, and I surmised that the one in the magenta kurta was the one. He looked familiar—OMG, he is Veer!

I felt a sense of calmness knowing that he was the boy I had known in childhood and still cherished our bond. If not for marriage, I would certainly like to stay in touch with him; he is something special.