22. When Friends Become More ✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,

I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.

Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Rajveer's POV

I returned to the room after dropping her off at her cottage. "Aur Bhai.. Kya kiyaa?" Rishabh asked, wiggling his eyebrows. (And brother... what did you do?)

"Chup kar ja kamine.. thodi toh sharam kar," I replied, pretending to be annoyed, but I couldn't help blushing as thoughts of her flooded my mind. (Shut up, rascal, have some shame.)

"Acchaa, tu maze kare aur hum yaha sharam kare.. waah ji waah," Gautam retorted. (Okay, so you have fun there while we're supposed to feel ashamed... Good.)

"Done with the drama?" I asked, pretending to yawn.

"Yes, now we're the ones putting on a show. What about the time you were sitting here, crying when she said no?" Rishabh said, wiping fake tears.

"Dost... Dost... naa rahaa... pyaar pyaar naa rahaa," Gautam began to sing dramatically.

"Ee zindagi hame tera... aitbaar naa raha... aitbaar naa raha," Rishabh continued.

"Ghor kalyug hai bhaiyaa, 25 saal ki dosti... kuch minto ke pyaar par kurbaan kardi," Gautam sighed theatrically. (It is hell, brother. 25 years of friendship sacrificed for just a few moments of love.)

"Will you both stop now?" I said, giving them a stern look.

"Okay, okay, now tell us, what's the next plan?" Rishabh chirped.

"Nothing, I'll go home and talk to my parents," I replied.

"Can't wait to get you married, brother," Gautam said with a grin.

As I lay on the bed, thoughts of Tara consumed me. It all felt like a dream. I had given up hope of meeting her again, then I saw her, proposed, she rejected me, and once again, I lost hope. But now, it feels so good that I'm scared this is all a dream, and I'll wake up to find everything a nightmare. No, Rajveer, think positively—she said YES. Your Tara said YES.

Nayantara's POV

"And then, we sat there and talked for a while," I was sharing with my friends about what had happened.

"Oh my goddd, you actually kissed him, like directly just kissed him!" Anjali exclaimed, hyping it up.

"Shaant ho ja behen, gaal pe kiss ki hai... jab French kiss karegi tab karna itni hype," Priyanshi chuckled. (Calm down, sister, she just kissed his cheek; when she French kisses him, then you can hype it up.)

I blushed slightly. "Aree aree, dekho toh kaise tamatar bani hai," Anjali teased me. (Oh dear, look how red she's become!)

"Stop it, both of you! It's my first time; obviously, I feel butterflies in my stomach," I said shyly.

"Okay, okay, continue," Priyanshi encouraged.

"Yes, and then, a little later, we saw phytoplankton bioluminescence on the beach. We were lucky to find it this time of year; it was so magical. We walked through it, and it felt like walking on stars," I said dreamily.

"Obviously, you both are lucky to have found each other after searching for all these years," Anjali said.

"What do you mean?" Priyanshi asked.