26. Caught Between Love and Family Obligations ✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,

I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.

Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Rajveer's POV

I felt happy and content after talking to my "Childhood Sweetheart." Yes, I can call her that—my Tara. The main point now was to tell my parents. I had planned to share the news during breakfast, so I went downstairs and found Dada Sa and Dadi Sa in the living area, discussing something.

"Good morning, my lovelies," I said as I approached them and touched their feet for blessings.

"Good morning, Kunwar Sa," Dadi Sa replied, gesturing for me to sit beside her.

"What's wrong, Dada Sa? Why are you upset?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's already late for breakfast; let's discuss it there," Dada Sa replied, anger evident in his voice.

I was puzzled about what had caused Dada Sa's distress.

Soon, everyone settled in their seats. Breakfast was unusually silent today; no one asked me about my trip. It felt awkward.

"Raj, Bacche, Maa Sa and I have found a girl for you. She is Dadi Sa's school friend's granddaughter—very lovely, hardworking, and a successful woman. You will like her," Maa Sa said, while Dadi Sa looked at me with assurance.

"Hamein sabse kuch baat karni hai," Dada Sa said sternly. (I want to talk about something.)

"Baba Sa, kya hua? Aaj aap itne gusse mein hain? Sab theek?" Baba Sa asked, concerned about him. (Baba Sa, what happened? Why are you so angry today? Is everything alright?)

"Kuch theek nahi hai. Hamein Mahendra Ranawat Ji ka call aaya tha," Dada Sa said. (Nothing is good; I received a call from Mahendra Ranawat today.)

I snapped my head towards Dada Sa so quickly that I heard it crack. Tara's grandfather? Did Tara tell them everything? But why was Dada Sa so angry? Did they reject us again?

"Mahendra Uncle? Unhe kya kaam tha? Baat toh ho gayi thi na?" Baba Sa asked. (Mahendra Uncle? What did he want? Didn't we already settle this?)

Everyone looked at Dada Sa curiously, eager to learn more about this new development in the family.

"Bhai Sa, aaj toh aapki lag gayi," Lakshay whispered, eyeing Dada Sa's reaction. (Bhai Sa, you're in trouble today.)

I glared at him and continued to focus on Dada Sa, wanting to understand what had transpired.

"He called to inform me that his granddaughter is now ready and wants to marry our Rajveer. What childish behavior is this? I didn't expect this from the Ranawats. They were known for their sincerity and loyalty, but I am highly disturbed by this. My grandson is not useless; they shouldn't keep playing this yes-no game," Dada Sa said with disgust.

"I can't believe they did this. Rejection would have been fine; I understand the kids might not be compatible, but this is unacceptable. Plus, even the elders are supporting this childish behavior. I'm having second thoughts about doing business with Prithviraj Ji now," Baba Sa said, disappointed.

What is happening? Why is my family reacting like this? I understand their concerns, but they could have asked me. Didn't Tara tell her family that I love her too? I was shocked by this development, but I gathered the courage to speak about our relationship.