7. Laughter, Love, and Gulab Jamun✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,

I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.

Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Nayantara's POV

I was at the office, deeply engrossed in a discussion about new HR policies with Bhabhi. Oh, I almost forgot to mention my Bhabhi, aka Ruhanika Ranawat, who is the wonderful wife of Karan Ranawat, my elder brother. She has been one of my best friends since childhood, and honestly, I've only had a few good friends throughout my life.

So, to give you a bit of context, she got married to my brother two years ago. They were betrothed when she was just 16, which feels like ages ago. She is my unwavering support system, and together, we have a knack for irritating my Bhai Sa quite a bit.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, we were deep into our policy discussion when my not-so-lovely younger brother, Arjun, barged in with his usual exuberance.

"Hello, Pretty Lady and Chimpu!" he chirped, flashing that mischievous grin.

"Shut up, Arjun," I replied, annoyance creeping into my voice.

"Aree Bhai, relax karo, Didi ji! Itna kyu lal ho rahi ho?" he said, playfully tapping my head. (Aree, please relax, why are you getting so angry?)

"What happened, Arjun?" Bhabhi Sa asked, her tone a mix of curiosity and concern.

"Kuch nahi, Bhabhi Sa. Just came to visit you all as I was nearby for a meeting," he replied casually, shrugging it off.

At that moment, Karan Bhai Sa walked in. "Bhai Sa, how was the meeting?" I asked, eager to hear his thoughts.

"Gudiya, it was good. We pitched well; hopefully, the client agrees," he replied, a hint of optimism in his voice.

"Good to hear! If they don't agree, I'll personally take Arjun's suggestions. That should scare them into compliance!" Bhabhi Sa joked, winking at me.

"Hey! My suggestions are golden!" Arjun protested, puffing out his chest.

"Golden? More like fool's gold!" I teased, earning a playful glare from him.

After a while, Arjun excused himself and left for his office. I work alongside Karan Bhai Sa and Ruhi Bhabhi Sa; they run their own company. I started working as an intern here during my MBA days, and through hard work and determination, I've climbed my way up to CHRO. Sure, I've had a bit of family support, but 80% of this achievement is all mine.

As the evening rolled in, Ruhi Bhabhi Sa and I were preparing to head home when Bhai Sa mentioned he wanted to discuss a new client with Bhabhi Sa. So, I decided to leave for home alone, enjoying the quiet moments of the evening.

When I arrived home, I was greeted by my adorable Dadi Sa, who was playfully bickering with Dada Sa about something trivial.

"Aree Aree, kya ho raha hai yaha?" I asked, stepping into the warm, familiar chaos. (What is going on here?)

"Yeh dekho tumhari Dadi Sa, hamein ek gulab jamun khana hai, par de hi nahi rahi," Dada Sa frowned, crossing his arms in mock indignation. (See your Dadi Sa, I wanted to eat one gulab jamun, but she isn't giving it to me.)

"Haan Haan, hum hi hain aapke dushman. Hame toh maza aata hai aapko pareshaan karne mein. Gudiya, inse pucho, subha se do already kha chuke hain," Dadi Sa replied with a cheeky smile. (Yes, yes, I'm your only enemy. I have fun irritating you. Doll, ask him; he has already eaten two since morning.)

"Hawww, Dada Sa, not good! Dadi Sa is right; you are already banned from eating sweets," I scolded him, shaking my head disapprovingly.

"Yes, now everyone is going against me. I've become all alone. Kaash humne tumhare liye dusri Dadi Sa pasand ki hoti; yeh Jhansi ki Rani toh palle nahi padhti," Dada Sa teased Dadi Sa, his eyes twinkling with mischief. (How I wish I had selected someone else as your grandmother; this Jhansi ki Rani wouldn't have been tied to me.)

"Kya aap bhi, Dada Sa? Itni pyaari toh hain Dadi Sa!" I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. (What are you saying, Dada Sa? Dadi Sa is so sweet!)

"Dada Sa, next time you're in trouble, just remember who your enemy really is!" Arjun piped up as he re-entered the room. "I'll save you one gulab jamun if you promise me one favour, anytime I want!"

"Deal!" Dada Sa said, grinning.

"Kya baat hai, Dada Sa! Aap toh asli businessman nikle!" I laughed. (What a deal, Dada Sa! You've become quite the businessman!)

"Kya karein, beti? Business accha nahi chalta toh aaj hum yaha nahi hote" he replied with a wink. (What to do, daughter? If the business doesn't go well, We wouldn't have been here)

"Leave it, Gudiya; he always says this. Jab hum nahi honge tab pata chalega," Dadi Sa replied, a touch of sadness in her voice. (When I'm gone, he'll realize.)

"Chup, bilkul chup! Thoda mazak kya kar liya, bas aisi baatein karne lagti ho," Dada Sa replied, his tone slightly irritated. (Shut up, just a little fun, and you start talking like this.)

"Accha accha, now stop. No one is going anywhere. Both are sorry, bas ab no more fighting," I intervened, trying to restore peace.

"Who said we are fighting? This is just our love," Dadi Sa smiled, her eyes sparkling with affection.

We then settled down for a while, listening as both of them shared funny and heartwarming stories about their youth, reminiscing about the days when life was simpler.

It was around 9 at night when Baba Sa and Maa Sa returned from their party. They had been at a friend's place for a gathering, and the air was filled with the scent of delicious food.

We all gathered in the living room, sharing laughter and stories during our family time. After some cozy chatting and Arjun's relentless jokes about his latest 'adventures,' we eventually went off to sleep, feeling content and connected. This is how my day usually unfolds. I wake up for work, slog in the office until evening, and when we come back, we enjoy our family time together. I cherish how my family is bonded and how we always share everything with one another.

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Well, I've finished the chapter—hope you all liked it! Please share your thoughts and, if you enjoyed it, don't forget to vote and leave a comment.

Thanks! ✨💕🤩