10. In the Shadows of Doubt and Denial ✨

Author's Note – Hello Butterflies🦋,

I'm excited to share the latest chapter with you! I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback💞.

Enjoy the read, and thank you for your support! ✨💖

~~~~~°°°°°°°°°~~~~~

Nayantara's POV

After the discussion with my family yesterday, I am still uncertain about the wedding. It's a significant responsibility; what if I am not ready for it, or what if I fail? There's just too much turmoil in my mind right now.

I was in my cabin when Ruhi Bhabhi Sa walked in. "Hey, Nayan? All good?" she asked.

"I don't know, Ruhi. It's all complicated," I replied.

"OMG, what happened? Why are you so tense? Talk to me," she said, concerned, as she knows that I call her Ruhi only when I am not in the right mood. I told you she is my best friend, and this is the reason.

"Shaadi," I replied.

"Aree, no one is forcing you. Also, Karan Ji is checking the guy's background. If anything suspicious comes up, things won't move forward. Please don't worry," she said while sitting next to me and holding my hand.

"I know about that, but I am anxious and confused about the responsibility. What if I fail? Were you also the same when you were getting married to Bhai Sa? I don't remember you sharing anything with me," I asked.

"Bas, itni si baat? Yes, I understand your situation. I was also apprehensive about the new relationships and responsibilities. But you know what? I realized later that everyone feels the pressure—be it the bride, the groom, or both families. So if you are nervous, the guy will be nervous too. As for me, I was familiar with the family beforehand, so it was just a matter of transitioning homes. I was already aware of everyone and their behavior in the family," she said.

"You are right; your situation was a little different," I replied.

"But that doesn't mean you won't be able to fit in if you decide to move forward. Every relationship is unique; just don't compare them and be open to everything. That will help you cultivate good relationships with everyone," she explained.

"Yep, let's wait and see what happens," I smiled and continued, "By the way, why are you here?"

"Ohhh, yes! Karan Ji secured the project. I came to share this with you," she said happily.

"Oh wow, that's great! Where's Bhai Sa?" I asked.

"He will be back soon." Saying this, she left.

After my conversation with Bhabhi Sa, I felt a little calmer than yesterday, but I was still uncertain—maybe it was the fear of the unknown; I can't say.

I texted my gang for their input. I know they can be a bit wild—we all are—but they still give good advice, and if not advice, at least they help me find my calm.

 I know they can be a bit wild—we all are—but they still give good advice, and if not advice, at least they help me find my calm