Chapter 9: The Set

I walked onto the set of Corey's movie, and had River in my arms. I looked around to see a bunch of people talking, studying their lines and people in movie chairs. I looked around for Corey, but I hadn't spotted him yet, however, I spotted a beautiful blonde. She had long blonde hair, toned legs, blue eyes and was dressed in white lingerie.

     "Daddy!" River called, and pointed towards Corey. Corey was talking to who I assume was the director, and looked over at us with confusion.

     "What are you guys doing here?" he said as he walked over to us, "Hi, buddy," he smiled at River, and leaned over to give him a kiss on his head.

     "Well, I wanted to surprise you," I explained, "I haven't seen a lot of you, and I don't know..., and River has been wanting to see," I added.

     Corey ran his hand through his hair, and gave us a smile, "Thanks, but, I don't think this is the best set for a child to on," Corey gestured to the set in general.

     I took a deep, and cocked an eyebrow at the sight of this place, "Yea...I didn't realize that until I saw the lingerie clad model over there." I replied, "She's really pretty," I said truthfully, and looked at Corey for his reaction.

     Corey rubbed the back of his head, and said, "Uh, um, yea. I guess..." he stumbled a bit.

     Then, I noticed something different about him, and I looked him in the eyes to see that they look somewhat red, "Hey, are you okay?" I asked concerned.

     Corey looked at me with confusion, "Uh, what- what're you talking about?" he stumbled yet again.

     I pointed to his eyes, "Your eyes. They look red. Are you okay?" I explained.

     Corey rubbed at his eyes, and gave me a wry smile, "Oh, uh, that it's just an allergic reaction to the makeup they had put on me." he explained.

     I furrowed my eyebrows, and pursed my lips, "Oh, well, okay."

     "Hey, Corey," The leggy blonde said, as she walked over to us, and when she did she casually ran a hand down Corey's arm, "Who are they?" she asked as she looked at us. The leggy blonde was no longer wearing just her lingerie, but, she was now wearing a robe.

     Show biz habit? I thought.

     Corey looked startled, and rubbed the back of his head, "Oh, hey, Nicole. This is my wife Summer, and son River," he explained, "Summer this Nicole."

     "Nice to meet you." Nicole smiled at me, and greeted her the same way, "Hey, little guy. You know he looks just like, Corey," she smiled, and looked at both of us.

     "Yea." He does I chuckled.

     Nicole put her hand in her robe pocket, and said, "You know I didn't know that you had a wife, Corey," she smiled at him, and Corey looked at a loss for words, "You're very pretty by the way. I can see why you married her," she added.

     I cocked an eyebrow at this, and decided to play it off, "Thank you. Uh, I'm going to get going, babe," I said to Corey, "Nice meeting you Nicole."

     "You too." She smiled.

     "Yea, uh, that's probably a good idea," he stumbled, and gave me a kiss and then one to River too, "Goodbye, bud," he said to River.

     "Bye, daddy!" River exclaimed. Corey smiled, and waved at us as we were leaving and so was Nicole.

     That was kind of weird, but, he was probably just nervous about having us there.