Chapter 13: The Viper Room

"Are you he's here?" Layla asked, while squinting at the sign that said The Viper Room, and looked at me for confirmation.

     "When I called the set, they said that he came here after, and that he came with some friends." I explained to her.

     Layla pursed her lips, and shrugged her shoulders, "Okay, then. Let's go." she replied.

     We went up to the door, and a tall guy dressed in black let us through. We walked in, and it was pretty dark. I looked around to see if I could spot Corey, I decided to walk through the crowd of people, and look with Layla following me close behind.

     "Wait for me!" Layla yelled over the booming music, and grabbed onto my shirt, "Jesus, there's no space in here to breathe," Layla stated.

     We stopped at an empty table, and sat down in the two chairs. I looked around, to see people drinking and dancing. There was also a cloud of smoke forming at the other end of the club, because of the people smoking cigarettes and blowing it into the air.

     I raised my eyebrows at this, and shook my head, "I think we're going to suffocate before we even find Corey." I laughed.

     "You're telling me!" Layla shouted, and waved her hand in front of her face to clear the smoke. I got up from the table, and looked over the bar, "Where are you going?" Layla asked.

     I looked down at Layla, "I'll go order some drinks for us," I answered, "I'll be back," I assured her, and made my way through the crowds of people and towards the bar.

     I sat down, and waited for the bartender to serve me. I sighed and looked around at the club. Then, something caught my eye, I noticed brown hair and familiar cologne. I turned my body around towards the guy, and saw him locked into a kiss with a blonde. I heard a chuckle let out from the guy, and I knew immediately who it was...

     Corey...

     I tapped Corey's shoulder, he broke the kiss off with the blonde and he turned around to face me. His face looked as though he had seen a ghost, "Hi!" I shouted, and had a sarcastic smile on my face.

     "Summer? What ar-" I stopped him from talking, and held a hand up to him.

     I got up from my seat, I stood in front of him and who I recognized as Nicole, "Hi, Nicole is it?" I asked sarcastically. Nicole raised her eyebrows in shock, and turned to Corey for answers, "No. Don't expect him to explain." I said to her.

     "What're you doing here?" Corey asked with confusion.

     I put my index finger to my chin, and replied, "I could ask you the same thing."

     "I was just, uh, me and Nicole were just practicing for the movie." He tried to explain.

     I crossed my arms across my chest, and pretended to understand he deluded explanation, "Right..." I dragged out.

     "Corey..." Nicole said to Corey, and touched his arm.

     I scoffed at this, without thinking I punched her in the face and next thing I knew Corey was breaking up the fight. Once broken up, I took a look at Nicole's face, she had a cut on her lip and a scratch on her forehead.

     Corey had his arms wrapped around me, and Nicole was being helped up, "You bitch!" I screamed at Nicole, and she was acting like a helpless lamb.

     "Sh. Calm down, Summer," Corey whispered to me. This infuriated me, I stepped out of his grasp, turned around and punch him in the face.

     He held his face in his hand, and looked at me like I was crazy, "What was that for!?" I shouted over the music.

     "Jesus, Corey, you know exactly what it was for," I yelled at him, "How could you!?"

     "It meant nothing. She was drunk, and came onto me," he explained.

     I tilted my head in confusion, and crossed my arms over my chest, "I thought you were practicing?" I asked knowing it wasn't true.

     "Look you want the truth?" Corey asked sort of drunkenly.

     "No, Corey, I want a puppy..." I said sarcastically, "Of course I want the fucking truth!" I yelled angrily.

     "Look can we talk at home. Not here." He asked.

     I looked over at the table for Layla, and signaled to her that I was going home and she gesture for me to go.

     "Fine. Let's go..." I said to Corey with a hint of anger.

--------------------------

     At home.

     "Look. I never did anything with her." Corey explained once we got in the house, "She was drunk, and things got a little crazy..." he said with apologetic eyes.

     "You looked pretty comfortable with her lips..." I retorted, and headed to our room.

     Corey grabbed my arm, and stopped me, "Summer... I love you and I would never touch her," he explained.

     I looked at him with pain-filled eyes, and I didn't know what to believe anymore. I'm so confused, and everything feels like it's crushing me, "I just want you Corey... You're all I ever wanted..." I whispered as tears began to fall down my face, and proceeded to wipe them away.

     "You're all I ever wanted..." Corey replied back to me, and leaned down to kiss me. Our lips were locked, and he started to run his hands down my body. He pushed me up against the wall, and he nuzzled his head between my neck and placed kisses on my neck.

     I wrapped my arms around him, and I couldn't help but to let more tears slip from my eyes. I don't know why I was letting him near, but, I just wanted to feel something...anything.

     I pushed him off of me, "I'm tired," I whispered, and looked at me with apologetic eyes. I bit my lip, and left him standing there.

-------------------------

Dear Readers,

     Thanks for your suggestion Radical80ss! I think that this part really shows the condition of how messed Corey is, and how much control of his life he has lost.

P.S. There's some surprising news coming in the next few chapters!!!

Sincerely, Ana XD