Chapter 10

I woke up the next morning in my bed. Sebastian was getting me ready as usual, but I couldn't look him in the eye at all. If I did, I was sure to blush significantly and look like a tomato. Wearing a black and white victorian dress this I made my way downstairs to breakfast. Strangely enough Alois wasn't there to eat with me like always. I was slightly shocked and a little bored with only me at the table. Sure it was how things were back at my manor and sure he was a little annoying seeing how happy he was all the time, but. I kind of like... his happiness and at the same time... I envy it. For I can never be happy. All I can have is revenge.

After I had finished eating, Claude came up to me and said that "His highness" would like to see me in his office alone.

"Is it about our companies?"

"I'm sorry my lady, I do not know." For some reason Claude looked and acted unusual today as well. He usual gave me a small smile when he talked to me; today he was a cold as ice towards me. Why?

I made my way alone towards Alois's office alone. I sent Sebastian on an errand for me and Claude was busy in the kitchen. I knocked twice, but I got no answer from inside. I tried again this time a little harder and sure enough, no answer. This time I didn't even care to nock and I just opened the door and barged in.

"Okay! What's u-!" I saw Alois sitting in his chair, head resting comfortably on his hands, face covered by his blonde hair dangling in front of him.

"Mrs. Phantomhive..." My eyes widened when he called me that. "What do you think of spiders?"

"What?"

"You see. Spiders are smart. They make their webs to trap their prey. They wait until it gets caught in the trap, then they kill it."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"You are my prey Citciellia Phantomhive." Right when he said that he looked up at me. His eyes were full of lust and blood, his smile had become an evil smirk. What happened to him?

Last night

Alois's POV

I had woken up to the sound of piano playing and a girls voice singing close to my room. I rang for Claude and asked for him to check the source of this music, for I was too tired and lazy to do it myself. When he got back he had told me that it was Ciel that was singing. I thought she said that she didn't have any hidden talents. I smirked and wanted to see her play myself.

I walked down the hallway and turned to the left to where the piano room was. The music had stopped right when I turned down the corridor. When I made my way to the right room, my high spirits dropped because I saw Ciel kissing Sebastian. Why?

Present

Ciel's POV

"Why..." I saw tears streaming down his face as he was trying to talk. "Why does everyone have to leave me!!!" I was shocked.

"I'm not leaving you Alois."

"Am I not good enough for you! Is that It!"

"Look I-"

"You what! You don't love me any more!"

"I never-"

"What! You never what! Loved me!"

Yes."

"What?" He looked at me in shock. I had made my face emotionless.

"I have never loved you... Mr. Trancy. You haven't lost me because you never had me in the first place. I was never yours to lose. And I will never be yours. Now incase this hasn't been clear enough, I will tell you what I told you the first day we met. My stay was for business and business only."

"Was?"

"Yes Mr. Trancy, I think I have over stayed my welcome and will be leaving this afternoon."

"What happened to our deal?"

"The deal is broken, plus my stay here was only for you to try and get for me to fall for you? Isn't that right?" I smirked. "Since that will never happen, I think that it will be in everybody's best interest if I go." I started to walk away when he called out to me again.

"Is it because of him?"

"Sebastian is merely my pawn in a big game of chess and I will use him to my best interest." Ya just keep telling myself that. You know you like him. Shut up me! Stupid thoughts. "Good day, Mr. Trancy."