Chapter 22

Ciel's POV

Ellija quickly walked away when the dance was over. I was about to head back to the sidelines, but that changed when I felt a hand grab my wrist and start pulling me. I looked up to see to whom the hand belonged to, and I saw Ellija.

"Come on Ciel aren't you going to follow me? It's already late and you said that you were sleeping over, so let's go!" he beamed happily.

"Ok, ok, but you don't have to grab me." I said as I jerked my wrist away and started rubbing it.

"Sorry, but we need to go now Aunt Frances is waiting for us!" that name instantly perked me up and I took on full speed.

"Come now Ellija we mustn't keep Aunt Frances waiting now."

We made it to the carriage and Aunt Frances was already in there with her hands on her lap, looking as dignified as ever. My Aunt has always been like this; she is Ellija's mother and is the scariest woman I have ever met. She sometimes come to check up on me at the manor and is incredibly difficult to please. Her beauty and dignified demeanor change in an instant when she is involved in a competition. She is like me, very competitive and will not lose no matter what.

"Your late Ellija, I thought that I told you to meet me here in five minuets."

"Sorry mother I was just inviting Ciel to stay at our place for the night and she agreed."

"Ciel, you could at least have given us a warning a week in advance. It's un lady like to intrude in another home the night that they are staying."

"Forgive me Aunt Frances."

"She can stay right mother?"

"Get in, both of you."

The carriage ride was filled with an awkward silence the whole way there.

"It's late and both of you should be in bed, so head up stairs and go to bed. Ciel, you can use your usual guest room."

"Thank you Aunt Frances."

"Oh, by the way. Where is that butler of yours?"

"Ya he is always with you."

"He is tending the mansion. Now if you excuse me, I'm tired and would like to retire now."

"Um... Alright." Said Ellija as I left."

When I had made it to my room, there were just so many thoughts going through my head, that I hardly felt tired at all. Sebastian has been concerned for me; I wonder where he is now? To be honest I also feel bad for Alois. I don't know if I should have made that contract with Claude, but I did and there is no going back now. I will not regret my decision. I will make my self not regret it!

"Good morning Ciel! How did you sleep?" Ellija asked as we had morning tea. My aunt was off hunting and she left us at the manor.

"Just great." I yawned. He pouted in return.

"Ciel, what's wrong? Why couldn't you sleep last night?"

"I wasn't tired."

"But last night you told me you were. Ciel. Is it him?"

"Who are you talking about?" For the first time, I saw Ellija looking serious."

"You know who I mean."

"No. I don't."

"Do I have to spell it out for you Ciel?"

"Yes, please do."

"Sebastian." I silenced my self and looked down at my teacup. I jumped when Ellija grabbed my hand and smiled at me. It was a smile filled with sadness, one that I was not used to seeing on Ellija's face. "It's ok. Ours was only an arranged marriage, even though I do love you, but because I love you, I want you to be happy. All I have ever wanted was for you to smile again." Ellija now grabbed both my hands and leaned over the table and stared into my eyes. "Go back to him and smile for me. Ok?" I stared in shock at the usually immature boy. I got up and went over to his side of the table and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you... Elli."

Ellija's POV

I meant every word that I said to her, I really did. Letting her leave me was the toughest thing I ever did. It broke my heart when I saw her walk out the door and back to Sebastian, but I was ok with it. I just want to see that beautiful smile back on her face where it belongs. If I could... I would give Ciel my smile and take her frown if it meant that she would be happy again.

Back flash to last night's party

Sebastian's POV

Where is Ciel? She was here just a moment ago. Did she finally go back to the Phantomhive manor? No that's impossible she's still mad at me. Oh that's right. She's still mad at me and ordered for me to stay away from her. THAT'S IT!

The next day, Ciel was still nowhere to be found and there was no trace of her anywhere. I was thinking of all the places Ciel might be. Lou's, no Ciel really doesn't like him; she wasn't at the Trancy manor, but what if, she was at Ellija's manor. I thought. Yes it would all make sense. She might be mad at Claude for killing Alois and went to stay somewhere else.

I ran as fast as I could to reach Ellija's manor. When I got there Ellija himself answered the door.

"Oh! Ellija, is Ciel here with you?" I could tell that he had been crying. Oh no, what happened.

"Oh Sebastian! It's you! Ciel was here, but she left not long ago."

"I see thank you." I bowed respectfully and was about to start searching back at the manor, until he started speaking again.

"You love her don't you?" I actually started producing a fairly light blush on my cheeks. "It's ok. She loves you too and I just want her to be happy. But promise me two things for me."

"Of course what are they?"

"Make her smile." I gave a small genuine smile at this. I want to be the only one to make her smile. "And if you do anything to hurt her... you will not live to tell the tale." I almost wanted to laugh at his childish antics. Noting he could do would hurt me, but even so, I never want to hurt Ciel already more than I have. All I want to do was repair the heart that I broke. I promise I will repair her heart no matter what. I put my hand over my heart and bowed with a small smile.

"Of course." After that I was on my way back to the Phantomhive manor.

Claude's POV

"Tsk!" Once I had Ciel finally in my hands, I let her slip away! I will get you Sebastian Michaelis. Just you wait I will have Ciel and there will be nothing you can do about it. I was thinking to myself as I sprinted over to the Phantomhive manor.