Prologue

Corey Matthews is the son of King Alan. His older brother is Eric, and Eric became the King of St. Upid, leaving Corey to rule alone. After King Alan died, Corey was elected King, along with his wife.

Something about having more than one child in a royal family, the children would be able to split the responsibility of running the country. But Corey was all alone. No siblings left for him to rule with.

King Corey and Queen Topanga were the biggest royal pairing. They were known for being truly humble, and always down to Earth. They never made the town pay unreasonable taxes. People loved their king and queen. They were elected royalty two years before their beautiful princess was born. They named the sweet brunette princess Riley Matthews.

One day, the King and Queen brought their daughter in to talk to her about something important. The Queen was pregnant with a baby boy. When he had finally came, the Queen decided to name him August, after the month that they were elected royalty in. The young boy is growing strong. They were raised in the castle walls with very little contact with the outside world. But one day, the princess complained to her parents about having no friends. Then her parents revealed she was going to get a friend.

Someone was coming to the castle to be tutored by the King. The princess was allowed to join them and learn about their country's history. The girl's name was Maya. She was one from the streets, her mother was always working, so Maya had a harder time in normal school. The two girls became best friends, inseparable. Then one of the smartest boys from another village came to train with the King. His name was Farkle Minkus. Once he saw Maya and Princess Riley, he immediately fell in love with both of them. He loved both of them, and the three of them were best friends. The King made it so they were always welcome at the castle. Princess Riley finally had some friends, and the King got to spread his knowledge throughout the youth of his country.

One day, Maya came to the castle upset. When Riley and Farkle discussed it, they found out her mother was always getting intoxicated on an alcohol, so the King had Maya moved to the castle. When she was adopted, she was officially Princess Maya. The three remained the best of friends, and the two sisters and baby prince shared the castle.

Lucas Friar grew up far away from their country. He grew up on a farm with his family. He was a humble boy and was grateful for everything he had gotten in life. Then one day, his parents wanted him to have a better life, so while he was still young, him and his mother and siblings moved into the country under the reign of King Corey and Queen Topanga Matthews. They lived in a small house. Never had to pay stupid taxes, and his mother got a job as a kindergarten teacher at the local school.

At the high level of school, Lucas was a troublemaker. He made pranks, got in trouble with others a lot. He needed to be taught a lesson, and he learned that with trouble comes consequences. He wanted the chance for a fresh start. He heard of the Princess. She was beautiful. He saw how she was beautiful, but he had always wanted to know her completely. He would never get the chance considering he was a peasant, and she was famous royalty.

His best friend, Josh, kept him out of trouble, every once in a while. The two would hang out at their school, and not pay attention to whomever came by. Then one day, Lucas got a new neighbor. A young girl and her family moved in, the parents became friends. But the girl clinged to Lucas like her life depended on it. Her name was Missy Bradford. He pretended to be her friend around their parents to please his mother, but when they weren't around, he tried to get away from her for his own safety.

When around Lucas and Josh, she would become ruthlessly flirtatious and ask out Lucas.

When they found out about the new Princess, Lucas pointed her out to Josh. Josh's jaw dropped at the sight of her, and never closed it. They didn't know why there was a new princess. They knew her and Riley were not twins but they were the same age. Josh made it a small goal of his, kept it in the back of his mind, that he would meet Maya and woo her. The two boys remained friends through everything they had gotten in trouble for.