Chapter 9

Josh POV

We are making our way up to the castle, we play games like I spy and 20 questions to make the time pass. On the way up, I see Missy going down the hill. I try to warn Lucas, but then he lets go of the wagon and hides in a near by bush. I try to turn around and face the other way so she doesn't notice it's me.

Hey Josh. What are you doing here?

Hey Missy. As Lucas and I said before, we are on our way to go move into the castle and live the rest of our lives with our princesses.

You can't be serious about Maya. Lucas, come out from that stupid bush and talk to me.

Lucas stayed behind the bush. I knew why he was hiding and I wasn't going to sell out my best friend to the girl he can't stand.

He isn't here. It is just me today. Lucas is coming later. He has more stuff than me. What do you want?

Nothing, just watch out for the princesses.

Why?

I just don't have a good feeling about them.

You don't have a good feeling about any person Lucas and I talk to. We will be happy in the castle. Most likely because we won't run into you. Good day.

She was completely speechless for once. She muttered something then started walking back down the hill.

Lucas, she's gone, you can come out now.

Phew! I did not want today to include her anymore than it already has.

Wait, was she coming from the castle?

Uh-oh. We better get up there. You know she is going to stop by your house to check on you right?

Oh well, I won't be there.

We made our way up to the gate, and we see guards there.

Guard 1: Who are you?

Guard 2: What business do you have with the royal family?

Actually, we are now members of the royal family.

Guard 1: What are your names, boys.

Lucas: Lucas Friar and Joshua Anderson.

Guard 1: You are part of the royal family? I don't think so.

Guard 2: Actually, they are. They were chosen last night.

May we enter?

Guard 2: Open the gates.

Both: Thank you.

We pulled the wagon for about another few feet until a different guard took away our things. We kept on walking before we realized we didn't know where we were going. We got lost until we saw the prince walking around, playing air guitar.

Both: AUGGIE!!

Auggie: JOSHIE!!

Hey, bud, how are you?!?!

Auggie: I'm good. What are you guys doing here? This is the sewing room.

Then he points to a door. We look in the window and see many women, sitting in chairs, with sewing machines in front of them.

Lucas: Well, can you take us to Riley and Maya?

Auggie: They are in class right now, but sure.

Auggie leads us down a really long hallway, and we find ourselves in a small classroom. The room has five desks and a much larger one for King Matthews. He doesn't act like a king though, no need for his crown every single day. That is very admirable, to know that he isn't just a king.

Corey: Gentlemen, welcome to my class. Please take a seat as we continue our lesson on the Trojan Horse.

Maya: What more is there to know? Other than don't judge by looks.

Corey: Well, Maya, the same goes for people. People shouldn't call someone smart or a nerd just because they wear glasses or dress oddly. We can't call someone a loser because they don't fit in with some group.

Farkle: Farkle time sir?

Corey: I LOVE Farkle time.

Farkle: Nobody knows how much I love this lesson except for Belgium in 1831. But being someone who doesn't have a lot of true friends, this lesson means a lot.

Riley: What do you mean? You have real friends?

Farkle: Not outside of the castle. People pretend to be my friends to get close to you guys. People think of me as the princesses lackey or a way for them to get to you. To try and find their way into the castle. Even before I came into the castle, people would use me for my brains and to get by in their work. But now I have you guys. My real friends. And I have some new friends apparently now. So I formally welcome Lucas and Josh into our little circle of friendship.