Chapter 16

Maya POV

The guys were just sitting there, with their eyes really big. They looked scared, like they did yesterday.

Farkle: The measuring tape is back.

Lucas: Calm down dude. It isn't like Rachel, she is just scary with that thing.

Kurt: Trust me. I am nothing like Rachel. She is down right crazy. But man can she make clothes.

Riley and Me: True.

Then Farkle sees the sample crown and runs for it. He picks up up and puts it on his head.

Farkle: The world is now under the reign of King Farkle Minkus.

Lucas and Josh: Ahem.

Riley: Actually, it is just this country.

Farkle: I will take what I can get.

Riley and I take the other sample crowns and Josh looks at me as I walk up behind him.

Why hello there, my blonde beauty.

I am not a beauty but I will accept the fact that you know I am blonde.

Are you going to put that crown on or what?

I place the crown on his head and he gives me this smile that is priceless.

That crown suits you.

Really? I'll take your word for it.

Go look in the mirror.

He walks to the vanity and sits down. I lean my arms against his shoulders. I lean my head against the back of my hand.

You look amazing.

I do, don't I?

Alright, this relationship isn't going to work out if you are going to get all cocky.

I say as my arms fly up next to my head as if I'm surrendering.

Well, you just acknowledged we are in a relationship.

He stands up with me and gets into my space.

So, we slept in the same bed. I think it is safe to say we are in a relationship.

Hooray.

He whispers that to me and that brings the biggest smile to my face. I could feel my cheeks boiling with excitement. I gave him a hug, and he picked me up and spun me. I felt really happy to know where we stood with each other.

Lucas: What's going on over here?

Farkle: Haven't you been paying attention?

Lucas: Not really.

Why is your crown slanted?

Riley: My doing. It looks really cute that way.

Lucas: I like it anyway.

Josh: Since when are you so cheesy?

Like you wouldn't do anything for me?

Josh: Very, very true.

Farkle: I will rule.

Farkle was still looking in a mirror and standing proudly.

Farkle: I feel really different.

How so?

Farkle: You know that feeling you get when you realize that you were doing something wrong? That feeling where you feel as if you literally just changed in every way.

Riley: Yeah?

Lucas: Most of the time.

Josh: All the time.

Farkle: I feel like I am growing up right now. Like I could be this normal guy, no more turtlenecks, just different.

What, no more turtlenecks?

Riley: Farkle, that's crazy.

Farkle: No it's not. I'm finding out who I am.

Farkle storms out, but puts the crown back on the pillow. Lucas runs after him and Josh follows Lucas. Riley and I are thinking about following but we realized this is something that they need to work out on their own.