Chapter 37

Josh POV

Hanging out with the king isn't all bad. He is a guy and already knows what the pressure feels like right now. Coronation cannot come fast enough. To become a prince of this country. And the prince of Mayaville.

Mayaville is basically all about Maya. This is where shenanigans occur, schemes get plotted, and riots get started. People get scared if Mayaville but I find it intriguing. Especially the Maya part.

I have recently visited Mayaville when we pulled a small prank on Farkle. But it is an amazingly amazing surprise. Jeez, I sound like Riley. It will begin tomorrow. First with a bucket of sand. It won't hurt him but I may cause some unwanted chaffing. I'll buy him a bottle of baby powder. Just to be nice, well even more nice. We didn't want to involve Riley in this because she would blab to Lucas and Lucas would blab to Farkle then the surprise/pranks would be completely ruined. Lucas can keep a secret but from his best friends? Don't trust him. And Riley is very trustworthy but this surprise would cause her to throw up rainbows and get anime eyes. But this was going to make Farkle completely different in a really good way.

After about four bowls of ice cream, we all decided to go back to our quarters. I walked with Lucas and Farkle. The king left us a few minutes ago. I don't know if the girls are back yet but it has been an hour so they should be done. I walked into my room first, and grabbed some shorts. I went into the bathroom to change, and then I saw Maya brushing her teeth. She was wearing my shorts and one of my white band t-shirts. She starts talking to me while brushing her teeth.

Hey babe.

Hey Maya, what are you wearing?

I wanted comfy clothes.

What?

I-wanted-comfy-clothes.

Alright then.

I walk over to her and kiss the top of her head. She smiles while she is brushing her teeth. I was already wearing a v-neck so I just changed into my shorts in a corner. I walked up to the sink and started to do what she was doing, brush my teeth and talk.

So is everything ready for tomorrow?

Yes, Farkle is asleep, and everything is in place in his bedroom.

Sand in the bed?

Yes.

Glue on his textbooks?

Check.

Smelling salts in his medicine cabinet?

Mhmm.

And the big finale?

Waiting for showing in a guest room in the east wing.

The throne room is in the center though.

I didn't know what to do so I just bowed to her. We just started laughing, and she left the room. The surprise for Farkle will be amazing and he will absolutely love it. Maya and I will be the greatest friends in all history of this castle. The girls don't choose to have ladies and us men do not have our prince council or a court. Doesn't really matter because we have each other.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom part of the rooms. I saw Maya, already snoring with her entire body, covered by her comforter. I smiled at her, then walked over to her lamp. I turned it off, plugged in her phone, then climbed into my side of the bed. I turned off my lamp and went in next to Maya. It was a bit hard for me to fall asleep because I was really excited but sleep came eventually.