Chapter 6

Open the picture at the top first.

Josh POV

I still cannot believe my wish came true. It sounds really cliche but Princess Maya choosing me was something I had always wanted. I want to get to know her, and learn everything about her. After her parents approved of us, and her sister choosing my best friend, they literally jumped into our arms. We screamed because we didn't expect it.

Both: AHH!!

We didn't fall to the floor though, we stood strong. We kinda spun them. Then we walked towards the ballroom balcony and waited behind the threshold as King Corey and Queen Topanga ended the ball.

Corey: Well, that is the end of tonight. *guys aww* Yes, we know you are all upset that the princesses did not choose you, but the heart wants what the heart wants.

Topanga: Thank you for making the way to the castle. But the princesses have made their decisions, so may you please make your way back to your homes and safe travels.

Then the girls let go of our hands, and walk onto the balcony to say goodnight.

Maya: Goodnight, everyone. It was a pleasure to dance with you.

Riley: Yes, it was a wonderful evening, thank you everyone for coming.

Both: Goodnight!!

Everyone started leaving and the girls came back to us.

Lucas: Dude, you are literally smiling from ear to ear.

Well, I am really happy. Maya is like my dream girl.

Lucas: I've heard over and over and over again. Dude, we are in the castle, with the greatest girls on the planet. What's our plan?

Plan? For what?

Lucas: A living plan? When would we go back home or move here or pack our things?

Oh, well, we could spend the night at home tonight, then we pack up everything over the next few days, then we come live here with the girls of our dreams!!

Lucas: Nice plan. Let's tell the King and Queen.

Topanga: Tell us what?

Riley: Yeah, tell them what?

That we were planning on going home to pack our things, then when we finish, we can come back to live at the castle.

Corey: Good plan. Do you boys need an escort back to your houses?

No, I think we can take the trek home, sir.

Corey: At your own leisure, you skip on a royal escort? Wow. I like you already.

Both boys: Thank you, sir.

Goodbye, Maya.

Maya: You'll come back for me right?

Of course.

Then I hear Lucas talking to Princess Riley.

Riley: So you are going back home for a few days. You aren't going to skip out on me are you?

Lucas: Now, why would I do that to someone like you?

Riley: What do you mean someone like me?

Lucas: I mean someone who comes from great things but knows not to be selfish, beautiful, smart, and at the first sight of you, I knew all I needed to know about you.

Riley: Well, don't you know how to brighten my day.

Lucas: I guess I do. Don't worry, I'll come back. Nothing will keep me away.

Corey: Except for me.

We all laugh. We give them a hug goodbye and make our way outside the castle. As we are walking down, I just keep rambling about Maya, Lucas is listening then answering with things about Riley.

You should have seen her dance moves, they were so precise.

Nice, and her and Riley must have had some lessons because they were so on point.

Dude! How did this happen!!! We are literally the most awesome people on the whole planet right now!!!

Yeah. This is insane. I can't wait to see them again.

Wait, what are we gonna tell our families?

That we were lucky ones chosen by the most beautifulest princesses in the entire planet. But they would probably think we are kidding.

Yo, dude what about Missy?

Uh, what about her?

She is gonna be upset?

Well, yeah, but I have found my true love. She is not it.

Dude, didn't she go to the ball?

I have no idea if she actually went. But we are at my house so like I'm gonna go start packing.

This late?!?! Go to sleep dude! You aren't going to keep a princess, looking like the dead.

Like you don't want to get back to the castle as soon as possible. Come over tomorrow and help me pack.

You got it. Pick me up dude. I don't want that chicken staring at me.

Let's go dude.

I walk down the street, and then open the door of my house. I just see my dad sitting in his chair, reading a book. I am wondering why he awake. He is on the older side so shouldn't he be getting some rest.

Hey, son.

Hey, Dad. Surprise.

So how was the ball? Did you get a chance to dance with the princesses?

Actually, I did.

You did? Are we going to have to move you to the castle, and have you fitted for a crown?

I don't know about the crown but I am going to start packing my things with Lucas tomorrow.

Wait, what?

I will soon be Joshua Anderson, the husband of Princess Maya Matthews, and heir to half of the throne alongside Lucas Friar, the soon to be husband of Princess Riley.

My goodness, my boy is royalty!!!! So proud of you son, when will we be meeting the princess and our future in laws?

I don't know but you definitely will. I promise.

Well, my boy. You are now a man. But all men need some sleep, so let's go to bed.