Chapter 20

Josh POV

Maya and I let Riley and Lucas have their moment for him to explain what was going on. But after about 10 minutes, Riley burst through the door and pulled out Maya. I decided to find Lucas and Farkle. We all need to talk about what would be going on.

Lucas: I have no idea what we are going to do.

Missy is relentless. She will do whatever it takes to get in here.

Farkle: If that guard detail doesn't work, we should stick together.

Lucas: But what if she actually brings my father?

Farkle: is there a reason you don't want to see him at all?

Lucas: He made the choice of staying behind when my mother wanted to give us a better life. he chose business over his family. He chose to farm over his own family's future. Would you want him to come back to you if your father did that?

No.

Farkle: No.

Lucas: Now you see my point.

But if he does get through, what would you do?

Lucas: Throw him back out.

Farkle: Really?

Lucas: Yes, he abandoned my family. He doesn't deserve the courtesy of having our family.

The one back in the village?

That one, and this one we have right here.

Farkle: Yeah, I like that. We are family.

Hey, all those in favor of running to the kitchen and helping the chefs whip up a little pizza? Farkle is going.

Farkle: Lucas is going.

Lucas: Josh is going.

We walk down the halls until we get to the kitchen. I look at the clock and it is about 7:30. We ask the cooks if we can help them make the pizzas. We made one pepperoni and one cheese. We were taking our time making the dough and placing the toppings. we all had fun throwing the dough in the air and we made the chefs laugh so much. By the time the pizzas were out of the oven, we gave pieces to the cooks and then started walking back to my room.

Should we give some to the girls?

Lucas: I'll take a few slices to them.

We hand Lucas four slices of pizza and he walks into his room. He comes back out with all of the pieces still in his hand.

Lucas: They are sound asleep. I don't think you will be snuggling with Maya tonight.

Farkle: Darn it. Wait, so if they are having a sleepover, we should have one too.

Cool with me. We just need to clean up after because I don't want Maya to come back to a mess.

Lucas: Sweet.

We all walk into the room and turn on the TV. We watch Shanghai Noon. This movie is so funny. I am surprised we didn't wake up everyone in the castle with our loud obnoxious laughter. We finished the last of the pizza and Farkle was starting to drift off. Lucas set up a bed for himself on the floor and Farkle slept in Maya's bay window. I slept in my normal spot, on the bed. I missed having Maya here, to be honest. But I can last like this.