Chapter 33

Farkle POV

I was video conferencing with Smackle. Her and I used to be sworn enemies. But while I was at the girls' ball, I saw her. Her hair was down, she was in a dress, she looked absolutely stunning. We danced, and she kissed me on my cheek. She left that night as a mystery. But being the genius I am, I tracked her down with the power of technology. She is considered the genius at her school. She normally has her pigtails, and glasses, but knows that beauty can be and also cannot be skin deep.

I was talking with her for a while, then Lucas came in, then we talked for about another hour. Smackle is a lovely girl, and very much like myself. We have our differences, but many more similarities. I told her opposites attract, but the more I get to know about her, he more I like about her. We like the same things.

A few minutes after I hung up the call, I got ready for bed. I slept. But I had a strange dream again.

I was walking in a forest, and I could hear this pitter patter behind me. I turn around and see a black carriage pull up. I try to get out of the way but the carriage stops. The door opens and I see this person wrapped in a cloak. They pull me into the carriage and I sit down. I look around and there are curtains covering everything. We started moving again, and I swayed back and forth. All of a sudden, I heard a man shout HYAH! I moved the curtain, and saw Josh and Lucas riding on horses up to the carriage. I looked back at the cloaked figure and it was the one and only Riley. But then out of nowhere she just grabs my neck. Her grip tightens, but I hear the hinges fly open. Maya holds back Riley, and while I'm coughing, Lucas and Josh get in my face.

FARKLE?! FARKLE?!

Then I woke up. Lucas and Josh were sitting on my bed, and Maya was next to the door.

What's going on?

Maya: We need to search your room.

What did I do to deserve this display of affection?

Josh: Watch out dude.

Lucas: We found recorders in our room, starting with the first moments that we got here.

Well, why would I have one in here? You guys have never been in my room before.

Lucas: Well, we came here the same day you met Smackle at the ball.

Josh: Who's Smackle?

My significant other for the moment.

Maya: For the moment?

Who knows when you and Riley will come to your senses.

Josh and Lucas: WHAT?!

I'm kidding.

Lucas: Well, Smackle or not we need to look.

They started searching. They were being careful about my things which was a good thing. I was so tired though. I was drifting off to sleep occasionally. But then they found it.