Chapter 21

Farkle POV

Yesterday was just about the first day where the three of us had a day basically to ourselves. As in ourselves, I mean just the guys today. We ate pizza, had a brother to brothers talk, and watched a ridiculously funny movie. I woke up, and Lucas and Josh were just looking at me with concerned faces.

Josh: Dude, you okay?

Yeah. Why?

Lucas: You are in the hallway.

I looked around me, and I saw the white brick walls, and the dark brown doors. I was sitting in the middle with a baseball bat next to me. I was really confused, did I sleep walk out here? This is crazy, what happened to me?

Lucas: Do you remember anything?

No. Do you guys know anything?

Josh: I remember you bumping into the bed leg in the middle of the night. But I thought it was Lucas bumping into it in his sleep.

I remember having a weird dream last night.

Josh: What was it?

It was one of those dreams where you get layered with dream on top of dream. I woke up in Riley's room. I walked out and walked into my room. I changed, got into bed, and slept. But then I woke up in your room, in the window. I got up, went to the bathroom, but then I heard a really big thud. So I walked out, grabbed a bat, and walked into the hallway. I was walking really slowly and then I turned the corner. I know this was a dream because I saw Missy and this old guy arguing about Lucas. I walked down there.

HEY! Who are you?

Missy: I'll handle this. Hello Farkle.

Missy?

How do you know me?

Lucas talked to his girlfriend about you a lot.

He talks about me.

You would hate him for what he says.

Hmph. Well, Farkle. I am here for Lucas. Riley won't know what hit her.

You tell me what that means right now, or this bat will meet your face, and I shall never hesitate.

Oh, I like a little backbone in my men.

I nor Lucas or Josh will never be one of your men.

Sure, Josh and you won't be. Lucas should have told you. I'm here for him.

Well, you won't get him. He belongs with Riley. My brother belongs here.

Brother, oh please. Lucas just thinks for himself. He can't run a kingdom. He belongs with me.

You've got another thing coming if you think Lucas loves you.

I swung my bat at her and hit her in the stomach. She jumped and fell, but regained her balance. I got a better grip on the bat and ran. I could hear her footsteps behind me, so I tried to run faster. But then I felt this shot in my back. I couldn't feel anything in my legs, then that numb spread through my whole body. I fell on my knees then onto my stomach. I couldn't feel anything. But then Missy caught up to me.

Don't worry. You will go to sleep in few minutes. I am going to pull out this dart.

She pulled out a red dart, and then flipped my onto my back.

Goodnight, Farkle.

She just left after that.

Lucas: That sounds really realistic for a dream.

Josh: It does. Farkle, lift up your shirt.

What, no?

Josh: Do it!

He pulls at my shirt, and lifts up the back.

Josh: Farkle, have you always had this scar?

What?

Lucas: It looks like you got shot.

What?

I walked over to the mirror and lifted up the back of my shirt. I saw this scab that looked like a puncture wound. How could this be? Did Missy actually shoot me with a dart? Is she in the castle? When did she get in? How did she get past our guards?

This is crazy.

Lucas: Have the guards do the most thorough search of this castle they have ever had. I do not one crack or corner overlooked. I need to know this castle is secure for me and my family.

They brought me to the hospital wing of the castle, and the nurses looked over. They checked my blood to make sure the poison or the medicine was out of my system. The wound was washed and cared for. I skipped on whatever we were doing today. I didn't feel up to trying on a suit. Even one that flatters myself even further than my natural state of Farkle.