Chapter 4

Lucas POV

The princesses have been dancing the entire night. They haven't had a break since they came down the stairs. Now they are taking one. They were so exhausted, they were unbalanced on each other. But Maya stood up completely straight causing Riley to fall backwards. I see the reason Maya stood up straight. Josh just walked up to her. Oh jeez, this guy is going to kill me one day. But Princess Riley just stayed on the floor. I ran through the crowd and looked over her.

She was so pretty, but she was just waiting there. Josh and Maya started talking, and Riley saw me. She seemed a little bit stunned.

Good evening, my princess. I am sorry you fell over.

Oh no, don't worry. Someone was supposed to keep me up, but she found another interest. -She says as she points her head towards Maya.

Oh, well, at least my friend finally got his shot.

Your friend is Mr. Boing?

What?

Oh, nothing. Would you like to dance with me?

It would be my pleasure, your highness.

We start dancing, my hand on her hip, and the other holding her hand. Her left hand is resting on my shoulder.

You can call me Riley, but what do I call you?

I am Lucas Friar.

It is a pleasure to meet you, Lucas.

So, any thought on who you might choose?

I'm mulling my options.

What does that mean?

Well, I want to choose a wise leader, someone my parents approve of, someone that I know would be perfect for ruling the kingdom, and someone who cares about me and I care about them.

Have you met someone with all of them yet?

I don't know. I have someone in mind. He is pretty amazing from what I see. i just want to get to know him.

Any man in particular?

You should already know.

Alright, enough with the beating around the beating around the bush, do you want to go grab something to drink or eat and sit. You're feet must be killing you.

They really are and thanks.

We sit down and talk for the rest of the night. She is one of the sweetest girls. For a princess, she isn't spoiled or selfish or self absorbed. I know they all mean the same thing but it's true. I kind of lost Josh. I don't know if him and Princess Maya hit it off or if he went home in embarrassment. But I'll find him later. Me and Princess Riley are doing well, her and I are talking a lot. It is about 9 o'clock by the time I checked my phone. I asked her if she was going to dance with some other people to get a feel for the potential in the crowd, she said, "I'm fine, I think I have my choice. "

Maya POV

Tonight is so tiring. I have been on my feet all night. Riley and I were leaning against each other, but then Mr. Boing from earlier today showed up at the ball. I suddenly stood up straight, then I heard a thud. I didn't really pay attention, but he just started talking.

Hello, Your Highness, are you too tired to have a dance with me?

Why hello, Mr. Boing.

Huh?

Never too tired for a dance. I am Princess Maya, who may you be?

I am Joshua Anderson. I am friends with the boy that just picked up your sister for a dance.