Chapter 26

Lucas POV

I woke up with my hands tied together and my legs were wrapped in a brown rope. I turned around and I saw Riley laying on the floor. Her hands behind her back and her knees crunched forward, and her ankles tied. She was swaying side to side in her sleep until I saw her eyelids flutter open.

Riley, are you okay?

Riley: Why are we in the throne room?

Missy: Great question, Princess. You are here because we put you here.

Michael: Hello son.

You lost that privilege a long time ago when you decided money and business was more important than seeing your three children succeed in this kingdom.

Michael: Lucas, I chose that path because I knew I was never going to help you. giving you up was me giving you three and your mother your best chance.

Riley: So do you want the Father of the Year award?

Missy walked toward Riley on the floor and kicked her in the stomach.

Missy: Shut up.

Stop, don't hurt her. Please.

Riley: Lucas, it's fine.

Missy: Is it then?

Missy then starts hurting her repeatedly. I am looking into her eyes as she is screaming in pain as Missy is punching and kicking her.

STOP PLEASE. IT IS ME YOU WANT. Leave Riley alone.

Missy walked toward me and got up in my face. She started talking.

She took you away from me. That is not happening again. You will be mine forever. When we get out of here, Riley, will be knocked over the head, so hard, she won't remember anything about you. She will never think of you again, and you and I will be together in the country with your father as our little guide.

I spit in her face and she backs up and falls on her butt. She gets up and walks towards Riley again. She pulls out a small knife and points it downwards.

If I can't have you, neither can she.

She was about to drop the knife about Riley's stomach.

STOP. Don't do it. I will go with you. Only if you leave Riley alone.

Missy and my father look at each other and nod. They pulled me up to my feet and left Riley on the floor. She looked at me with this look that I could never forget. Her eyes were glossed with tears as she looked up at me from the floor. they started pulling me along with them as they walked out of the castle, and then the doors opened.