Chapter 36

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I've been busy with school and volleyball. I'm sorry but thank you for still supporting me!!!

Lucas POV

Trying on these suits was really easy. That measuring tape wasn't there anymore. She wasn't flailing it around like the last time.

Rachel: You do realize you are wearing the same suits for the coronation right?

All: Yes.

Rachel: And wearing the different suits for the ball.

Farkle: Oh thank goodness!

What?

Look, I love you guys, but I don't want to be constantly matching you. My reputation is gonna go down at least a 45%.

Josh: Yeah, because you have a rep.

We all laugh and Josh gives Farkle a bro hug. Then we all started to try on the coronation suits. We just grabbed them and Rachel mixed them up. I was wearing Josh's, the shirt was too tight, too fitted. Josh's jacket and pants were too small and Farkle looked like he was in a robe. We went back to changing and found our right clothes. They looked very nice. They were bright blue suits and white shirts on the inside. It had our country's crest on one side and a pocket square on the other. We looked in the mirror, and we all looked exactly the same.

All: Woah.

Rachel: Don't worry, even King Corey wore a suit like that or his coronation.

All: Seriously?

Josh: We are turning into Maya and Riley.

Yes we are.

Farkle: Oh, well.

Corey: Boys, this is a very big moment for you.

Thank you, Mr. Matthews.

Corey: For what?

Josh: For giving us a chance.

Corey: You are welcome boys.

Farkle: And I wanted to thank you for taking me in when I needed the better training.

Corey: You are absolutely welcome, Farkle. Have you boys figured out the lesson I gave you?

No.

Corey: The responsibility lesson was to show you how hard making someone else's decisions can be, how hard it will be to take the responsibility of an entire country. The fate of our country will soon rely upon the three of you to run it and make harder decisions than to make food faces.

We felt slightly embarrassed but we all gave the King a big bear hug. He accepted it up to a point where he shouted, "Alright!!!" We backed up and got changed but the girls decided to stay longer because they were trying on the dresses for the ball and coronation. We were just trying the coronation because our suits for the ball are going to take longer. But we left the girls there with Queen Topanga. Farkle, Josh and I went with the king to the throne room. I didn't know what we were doing here but the king seemed determined.

Corey: Boys, you will be here, in a few short days, becoming princes of our beautiful land. Then in many, MANY, years, you will become kings. Embrace it, you are no longer street rats, you are royalty.

Woah.

Farkle ran up to the king's throne, and sat there. He started laughing and clapping his hands.

Farkle: I LOVE IT.

Corey: Don't love it too much, Farkle. You will each have your own made before you are made kings.

Josh: Awesome.

Corey: Let's go guys. How about ice cream while we wait for the girls.

We all follow him, and the Josh and Farkle get into a little kid fight behind us. It was really funny, so we let them do as they please. I wanted to have a talk with Corey.

Sir?

Yes, Mr. Friar?

May I ask you a question?

Is it about me?

No.

Fire.

Well, since Riley is your daughter by blood, i figured you might have a little more trouble with me here, and staying with her for the rest of my life.

Maya and Farkle are just as much my blood as Riley is. I may a bit closer to the girls than Farkle but, may I be honest with you?

Of course, sir.

I was reluctant to have the ball because like any father, they don't want their children to get hurt. They are still young. Too young to know what love is. But I know that they will learn very quickly.

How do you know that sir?

I know my children very well, Mr. Friar. I see the way their brain works.

How so?

The way Riley looks at you, is something most parents can never find in them themselves.

What is that?

True love. True love for women means a lot more than it does for men. I am not saying my daughters' are women yet, but they are making their way there. It is magic for them. But all magic comes with a price. And that price is their fathers having to watch them leave, and make a life of their own, without them. It is heartbreaking, but it means you did a good job teaching. I have done my job right. Now, the choices you make are for the both of you.

Thank you for telling me sir. I will take that to heart, and keep it.

Good to hear, Mr. Friar.

He gives me this smile of approval. I feel accomplished.