Chapter 12

Maya POV

I drag Josh out of Riley's room and pull him towards mine. Our rooms are next door. But before we can actually go inside my room, we are stopped by the boxes of Josh's things.

What are those?

My things.

And you plan on keeping all of them?

Most of them. Don't worry. Let's go through it and let's see.

Fine.

He picks up a box and opens the door. I pick up another and walk in. We open the boxes and hang his clothes in my closet and put others in drawers. I put his shoes above the drawers but underneath the hanging items. I hang some posters, and they fit in pretty well. My room has white walls and posters of bands hanging. He brings a box and puts it on my bed. He opens it and it looks like a box of his personal items. He pulls out this picture frame and holds it in his hands. I see him start to tear up a little bit.

Are you okay?

Yeah *sniffles* I'm fine.

You sure?

Yeah, I just miss them a bit.

You think you made the right choice?

I know I did, I couldn't be happier with you here.

I know exactly where to put your picture.

I give him a hug and put his picture on top of the dresser. We unpacked all of his boxes, and left them outside for someone to pick up for recycling. We had our little moments. I pulled out something else a bit more embarrassing. I had his baby blanket from his childhood. When he asked for it back, I started waving it around and tried to hide it from him. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in. Then Lucas walks in as we are laughing our heads off.

Josh: What's up, dude?

Lucas: You have my backpack.

Josh: Oh.

Josh throws him his bag, and Josh and I start to unpack the rest of his things. He puts his backpack underneath the bed and go clean up for bed. He come out of the bathroom in basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I am just sitting on my pillow and I have my laptop on her lap. I am typing and then I looks up at Josh and smile. Then I notice he was staring at me as he stood at the foot of the bed.

What are you looking at?

You.

Because?

Because you're beautiful, you know that?

No, but thank you so much.

What are you doing?

Making your coronation schedule with Riley over Docs.

So what is our schedule then.

First, you will meet with our royal designers to find out what style you and Lucas prefer among yourselves. Tomorrow, you guys will get fitted for your suits for the ball. Then day after that you get a crown fitted over your head. Then you get new suit for the coronation itself then by the time that stuff is done, we have a small ceremony on the balcony of the castle to show you and Lucas to the kingdom. Then we have a coronation ball, then the coronation and right after that we have a party with only the teenagers in the kingdom for fun.

Jeez, we are very busy.

And this is all within a week, give or take 8 days.

Seriously?

We have to give the people who work here a break sometime. We aren't the only people in the world just because we are royalty.

I know but it seems so fast.

Yes, it is but that is how things work. Riley went to bed. We should too.

I close the laptop and put it on the nightstand and put my phone on top after I set an alarm to wake us up. We have lessons tomorrow so we need to be up. He turn off the lamps next to him. I get under the covers but I am facing Josh. He slides and faces me. He grabs my inside hand and gives me a big smile.

Stop smiling at me.

Why?

Just go to sleep.

Fine.

I give him one last smile, and his dark brown eyes are no longer visible. I close my eyes with the image of a smiling Josh, and, finally, I am asleep. I can hear him sigh. As their first night in the castle, the guys did really well. Hopefully Father will accept them soon.