Chapter 1

Riley POV

Maya and I want to go to the market with Farkle to go and look at some clothes, or basically anything other than the castle walls we have been accustomed to. On our way to ask Father, we heard him talking to the Ambassador about a ball that was to be mandatorily thrown. But not just any ball. It was a ball for us to find men. Not just any men. Men that would become the king to our queen, a ball to find our Prince Charming.

WHAT?! They are only fourteen, why would they need to find a suitor now?

The law clearly states they must know whom they wish to love and run the kingdom with.

They haven't been outside the castle walls since they got here, how would they find someone to love in one night?

Love at first sight.

WHAT?! You expect my daughters to find a husband within 5 hours?!?!

Yes, I do, Your Majesty. The ball will happen. In four nights. When the Sun starts its descent back underneath the horizon.

So at 5?

YES!! I was trying to sound mystical. Your Majesty, My Queen.

I start shouting at Maya.

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO FIND HUSBANDS?!?! NOW?!?! WE ARE STILL KIDS!!

I KNOW. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!

A few days later, we realized it was the day of the ball. We wanted to go out a bit. Then our Father called us in to talk to him and Mother.

We storm into the throne room while Father is discussing it with Mother. We ask him everything, how, why, what, when. He gives us the same answer. We need to find men that we love and men that we agree will be capable of running the kingdom when our parents cannot anymore. We ask why now, once again. Same answer. You must learn to love him as much as you love each other. That is impossible. There is no one I could love more. Maya is my best friend. I could never replace her with anyone, ever. No guy can or will change that. We accept our fates and agree to the ball. We ask to go to the local market to walk around.

NO!!

Maya: Why not?!

Corey: The world isn't your own yet. If it was, you would be outside the gates, getting into a mob of fans, and probably starting a riot of boys at our gates.

So when will we be able to make the world our own if you won't let us out of the castle?

Corey: Uh . . . Just go. Take Farkle with you. At least you will have Farkle.

Maya: You do realize it isn't that much right?

Corey: But it's Farkle.

Farkle: I AM FARKLE!! I heard you call my name, royal family.

Topanga: Farkle, we told you many times, you can just call us by first name.

Farkle: I apologize, are we allowed to roam the streets of our country???

Corey: FINE. You can go. I don't want to be getting a call from the guards saying you have been ripped apart by fans of the royal family.

Maya and I run to our rooms, and grab some clothes that wouldn't make us stand out. We just wore casual clothes so we wouldn't be ran over. But we couldn't say the same for Farkle. He wore something that makes him look like a bodyguard. He wore a guard's suit. That would definitely give us away. But we are on our way, ready to make the world our own.

While we are in the city, Farkle is circling us. Him, his guard suit, his behavior, we might as well shout out, "We are the princesses, come to our ball." I am pretty sure Farkle is going to try to sneak a dance with both of us any chance he gets. But it may be slim. They sent an invitation to every home in case they had a boy of the specific age range. I don't understand why we can't rule on our own, but we are doing this to make our parents happy.

Farkle, can you stop that please? We don't need any more attention to ourselves.

Farkle: Fine. But when boys start fawning all over you and mobs of fans rip you apart, I will be the one saying, "HA!!"

Maya: Whatever floats your boat boy.

We ran through the city with pure joy. Being outside of the castle walls felt so freeing. Maya poked me at one point and pointed out two boys carrying clothing bags. I start giggling when one of them smiles at me, and Maya goes crazy.

Maya: Boing.

What?

The one next to him . . . Boing.

Farkle: Maya, wait until the ball. He might show up.

Aren't you in love with us?

Farkle: I want you girls to be happy. If that means I have to share you with two other brave men, then they are really lucky guys.

Both: Aww, Farkle

We should head back to the castle, Father told us not to stray too long.

Maya: Do you want to make the world your own or not?

Yes, but I want to be alive while doing it.

Farkle: Riley is right, we should go back and get ready for the ball.

We make our way back to the castle and some of the people in the castle yell at us.

Why are you out so late??? Make haste, you're guests will soon be arriving and you need to receive them!!

My dress was a sparkly blue. It was a sleeveless dress, not too flowy which I don't like which is surprising for a princess, and I am wearing white flats. I had my hair half up, half down. I curled it to look wavy, but with curls, then tied it up. I just wore a necklace my mother gave to me when I was born. It was silver, the charm was a moon and a star.

I helped Maya pick out what she wanted to wear. She is a little bit more flashy than I am. She is wearing a light pink dress, puffy, strapless, a silver belt around the stomach, sparkly fabric, one inch heels. She left her hair down, made tight curls, then had a thick necklace on. She looked so beautiful, those guys are going to be all over her tonight. But she knows how to take care of herself.

Maya: Wow, Riley, you look amazing.

Wow, Maya, you look outstanding.

cross legs- hair flip -"Stop it."

Those guys are going to dragging their mouths all the way out of the castle.

We make our appearance simply five minutes after the invitation time says. So at 5:05, we walk down the stairs, yada yada yada. Something my mother explained to us and i just didn't listen as much as I should have. My feet are going to be sore tomorrow. Whoever I choose can come back to the castle when they want, but at some point, they will be staying in the castle. Hopefully, I can just have another ball next year because honestly, I am really young to make this decision now.

Maya: Hey, Riles, you think Mr. Boing will show up?

What?

The guys we saw today?

I don't know. Maybe.