Chapter 39

Riley POV

I saw this young girl walk through the doors and it was Smackle. She looked amazing. She was wearing this dress that made Farkle stare at her. When we all sat down, he stood there as she walked to the chair next to Farkle, but didn't sit down. Lucas grabbed my hand and kissed the top. I smiled at him and kissed the top of his hand. I held our hands over my lap and smiled at him. Our smiles exchanged for a while while Farkle's blank stares at Smackle continued.

Farkle: Smackle, what are you doing here?

Smackle: Maya and Josh invited me, rather abruptly I might add.

Well, you look lovely Smackle!

Lucas: Yeah, Smackle, the royal look suits you.

Smackle: Lucas, get over it. It is never gonna happen.

Lucas: Okay. I don't need Smackle when I have you.

He said that and turned his head to me.

Aw, Lucas, you are as sweet as sugar.

Lucas: Aww--

Corey: ENOUGH!! Enough of the lovey lovey dovey dovey stuff. It is enough to see my daughter be happy with someone other than me but WITH A BOY?!?!

Topanga: Corey, leave them alone.

Auggie: Yeah, Daddy. You're supposed to meet someone and fall in love and be together forever.

Topanga: Sweetie, who taught you that?

Maya, Auggie, and I: You and Daddy.

Topanga: Huh, I wonder how many people the idea of Cory and Topanga has ruined.

All kids except Smackle: ME!!

We all bring back down our hands and then we laugh. Our dinner went on as Smackle and Farkle acted so nervous, it was adorable.

Smackle: May I interrupt this feast for Farkle to say something?

Mom and Dad looked at each other in agreement and slight confusion. But then they nodded at her and she stood up.

Smackle: I came here with lots of anxiety on how I would deal with the fact that Farkle has been in love with Maya and the other one.

Me and Lucas: HEY!

Smackle: Sorry, but it is true. Anywho, I walked in and saw everyone here fit in perfectly with one another. No one feels out of place, this is where Farkle belongs, but unfortunately, I do not. Farkle, goodbye.

She walks out really fast, like really fast. I look across at Maya and we nod at each other. We both get up, and follow Smackle. Maya pulls me down a different hallway, but then we met Smackle at an intersection. We stopped her, and didn't say anything until we arrived in my room. We pulled her into the bay window and sat down.

Why did you do that?

Smackle: I think he won't like me for what I am.

Maya: Did you not see him in there? He couldn't take his eyes off of you.

Smackle: That look is only for my look. I am worried he won't like is what is on the inside.

And your inside is that you are quirky, beautiful, smart, and have Asperger's syndrome?

Smackle: How did you know about-

Maya: We studied, we're studiers. She made me.

Why would you think he wouldn't love you just because you have Asperger's? He loves you anyway.

Smackle: How did you know Lucas Loved you?

Maya: He blurted it out to her after they kissed.

Smackle: Uhh,--

Well Josh told you he loved you over, uh, Maya?

Maya: Josh and I have not said I love you as quickly as Riley and Lucas have, but our love is very strong.

Smackle: But Farkle and I are different. We say what we think, constantly.

SO do exactly that. It is that easy. You tell him how you feel and he will respect you for it.

Farkle: I swear I will.

Smackle: Farkle!

Lucas and Josh: Oooooo.