Chapter 44

Josh POV
           Maya yanked me out of the room really quickly. When we left, she slammed the door, and made me stand right in front of Riley's door.

Do you love me?

What?

Do you love me?! Josh, it is a simple question.

Why do I need to answer it?

Because I need to know if you're going to leave or not. Even if someone leaves someone, those feelings can change, but with you. You, I don't know what would happen.

           I don't know why she is just freaking out about this. I don't know if Riley got that into her head or if Smackle said something smart and made her think about this stuff. But she should know I do love her. I would never leave her.

Maya, I don't need to profess my love to you for you go know that I am never leaving this castle.

Why wouldn't you leave.

Because I am not your average guy. I am never going to leave someone who I have spent so little time with yet, I know so much about that I love.

I haven't had a lot of experience with someone staying before.

            I understand that she never really had a lot of safety with her mother, but here. Constant protection. And before me, she has Riley and Farkle and the king and queen as family. Who couldn't feel more safe.

What about your best friends, the family that made you a princess? Add one more to that last.

Who?

Me. I am always going to stay. No matter what. I love you, Maya Penelope Hart. You can't push me away, ever.

Ugh, why you so sappy.

Will you just shut up and say it back?

I love you too, Joshua.

Don't call me Joshua.

What do you want me to call you?

Hot Pants.

How about Hot Towel?

Oh no.

Come on, let's go to bed.

Take me wherever you go?

Always.