Words We Didn't Mean

"Alright guys, thank you so much!" Said John as he concluded his radio interview with the boys.

"Thank you for having us!" Tristan replied, smiling at him. Once the radio session had finished we all said our goodbyes to John, and made our way outside and into the car; which was parked around the back of the building to avoid being ambushed by screaming fans. I carefully pulled out my phone and clicked on Brads contact before typing;

Me

Hey babe. Please talk to me? Xxx

Bradders <3 xx

What's up baby girl? Xxx

Me

It's not me, it's you...I'm worried about you. Xxx

Bradders <3 xxx

Don't be sweetie, I'm fine xxx

"Hellloooo earth to Sophiaaaaa??" I heard Ana say as I quickly clicked off my phone.

"What? Sorry, interesting snapchat story..." I lied.

"Don't worry Hun, you good with TGI's for dinner?" She asked.

"Of course I am!" I exclaimed before clicking my phone on again and going back to my text messages with Brad.

Me

Sit next to me at the restaurant? Xxx

Bradders <3 xxx

Like you even need to ask ;) xxxxxxx

His message made me smile slightly and I could feel the blood rush to my cheeks, but as I looked up from my phone my joy soon faded as I saw his expression. His gaze was locked on his phone in confusion, his eyes glassy with tears as if he was about to burst into tears. Ana gently nudged my side making me look at her.

"Brad okay?" She mouthed to me so no one else heard.

"I don't think so," I replied in the same way.

"Foooooooodddddd!!!!" Tristan exclaimed as we pulled up to the restaurant, causing us to burst out laughing...all of us except Brad, who just smiled. I walked over to him and intwined my fingers with his as he sighed at the touch, squeezing my hand.

"Hiya, can we have a table for seven please?" Asked James as we were greeted by a waiter once we had passed through the glass doors of TGI's.

"Of course, if you would like to follow me," Said the waiter as he showed us to our table...

***

"That was so amazing..." Said Tris leaning back in his chair after he finished his plate of ribs.

"You owe me a fiver Con!" I exclaimed, referring to the bet Connor and I had made that Tris wouldn't be able to finish off the plate. "I'm joking don't worry," I said, as we all laughed.

"You've seriously got some stomach on you Evans!" Exclaimed James as Tristan smiled proudly. For the duration of the meal Brad just hadn't been his usual self. It felt like he hadn't said a word for the entirety of the time we were sitting around the deep brown wooden table, laughing and joking. Brad took my hand the second my plate was taken away, and it was almost like he needed some kind of contact with me to stop himself from disappearing into thin air.

"So does anyone want any dessert?" Asked Joe.

"Under normal circumstances I would say hell yes, but right now...I don't think I could eat another thing!" I exclaimed as everyone else agreed.

"I...I need to get some air..." Brad stuttered getting up, making my smile fade slightly as his hand left mine leaving it feeling cold and empty. "Make sure you put this towards the bill alright lads?" He added, taking out his wallet and placing a twenty pound note on the table.

"Brad?" I asked.

"I'll be by the car..." He replied, before leaving the restaurant.

"I should probably go and talk to him," I said, standing up. "Ana you know where my purse is right?"

"Don't worry hun, I've got you covered." She replied, smiling at me as I returned the gesture before exiting the restaurant.

"Babe? Brad you here?" I called as I made my way towards the car.

"Yeah Soph, I'm here." He replied, walking around to the other side of the car where I was standing.

"Brad...what's going on?" I questioned, as his eyes locked on the floor.

"Nothing...nothing I'm fine." He replied, still not looking at me.

"Baby c'mon, I can tell. You can talk to me, Brad its oka..."

"No Sophia." He interrupted. "I'm fine, why can't you just accept that?"

"Brad where did that come from?" I asked, feeling a sharp pain in my chest as he was clearly becoming agitated. What did I do?

"Just leave it Sophia!" He said, raising his voice and I could fell the lump in my throat growing as I struggled to talk.

"Why are you getting so annoyed with me? I'm trying to help you?" I asked, trying to sound a little more stern than I did.

"I didn't ask you to!" He shouted, as I couldn't stop the tears forming in my eyes.

"Really? That's the way this is now is it?" I asked, as a single drop of water trickled down my cheek. "Right..." I added, turning around and making my way back to the restaurant, as the tears began flowing a little more heavily now.

"Sophia? Sophia!" Ana said as I buried my head in my hands as I continued to cry. I felt her arms wrap around me as I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Soph what happened?" She asked me as we parted.

"I don't know...there's something wrong with Brad...I just wanted to help..." I struggled to say through the tears.

"It's alright Soph, something is clearly happening. Brad doesn't know what he's saying." Said Tris as we began walking towards the car. I managed to stop crying as we got in the car, and Ana sat between Brad and I, as if she was trying to stop us from hurting each other with words we didn't mean...

-------------------------
hey guys! Please vote and comment, I'd love to hear from you all! Also, feel free to follow me!

Much Love

Phoebe xxx